The hotel is old and it has mosquitos. I got stung six times on the face on my second night. It was awful. The service was just average. I asked the front desk to make dinner reservation for me but I didn't get a confirmation from him whether the reservation was made ... I had to follow up with him.
The hotel is centrally located but it's old. We stayed in a superior double on the first floor which was close to the kitchen. We could hear the kitchen staff working .... It was just noisy...
The complimentary fruit basket was nice. The bathroom amenities were nice (i.e., bathrobe, towel warmer ..etc.)
I probably wouldn't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helvetia & Bristol, a historic property located amongst Florence's many cultural treasures, is part of Niquesa Hotels & Residences. Niquesa's Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is undoubtedly the only place to stay when in Florence. As a World Heritage site and magnetic cultural destination, it is the focal point for any visitor, and we are blessed by being at the heart of it all. Our front door opens onto the Palazzo Strozzi, a masterpiece of Florentine Renaissance architecture, along with an enviable location in the luxury shopping district. Our rooms and suites offer tasteful colour palettes and the carefully chosen antique furniture, objects d'art, paintings and rich furnishings are our hallmark in design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Splendia, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence