We were advised by a friend that this would be a good choice of hotel for a family and friends holiday and she was right. This hotel, and it particular its staff, was a success long before we arrived. My mother has trouble walking for long and so we asked the concierge to book a private guide, certain sites and a wheelchair in advance. All done in advance with helpful advice and charming emails. The guide they recommended was wonderful, informed, funny and charming.
When we arrived everything was as planned and they had been thoughtful about an appropriate room (no steps) as well. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms comfortable and everyone is incredibly helpful. The location is close to everything you might want to see and overall we were thrilled with the whole experience.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN THE HEART AND HISTORY OF FLORENCE. The Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is located in front of Palazzo Strozzi, in the centre of Florence. Just off the most important streets for "haute couture" and only minutes by foot from every major landmark in city. Its rooms restored in the fullest respect for the period in terms of materials and furnishings, evoke a world of refined elegance. This unique atmosphere imbues the fine rooms with their silk curtains, the drawing-rooms with their precious figured-tile floorings, adorned with valuable seventeenth century Florentine paintings. The exclusive "Winter Garden", for private events and banquets.Brass chandeliers hang from the multi-toned sunroof. Live plants adorn the walls and elegant furnishings provide a true "garden setting". The comfortable Sala Strozzi is ideal for holding small meetings, seminars, conferences, presentations and receptions. The fascinating "Hostaria Bibendum" restaurant & cocktail bar, all the atmosphere of an irresistible rendezvous. It is here that most of the time is spent, with its relaxing alfresco terrace. It opens its doors for lunch, afternoon tea or a candlelit dinner, a truly unique experience that is not to be missed. The Hostaria Bibendum’s menus follow the seasons to insure freshness, along the finest dishes of the Italian cuisine, guests can enjoy typical Tuscan specialties. Each dish becomes a unique work, to be savoured with rare pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Amex, Splendia, Escapio, Agoda, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.