For a City Break the location of the hotel is really important and you can't beat this hotel on that score. Virtually everything you want to cover in a 3 or 4 day visit is within easy walking distance. The hotel itself certainly lived up to our expectations and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Bedrooms tend to be a compromise between views and noise levels, as with many city centre hotels.
We were upgraded to a beautiful Royal Junior Suite at no charge with a great view over Piazza Strozzi. Unfortunately we found it on the noisy side at night, there was music coming from somewhere close by that went on till about 1am and the night was punctuated with the noise of groups of people passing by. In the morning the hotel very obligingly moved us with minimum fuss to a suite on the second floor which overlooked the inner courtyard and our remaining nights were blissfully quiet! From our point of view it was well worth sacrificing the view so if noise at night does bother you I would strongly recommend requesting a room facing onto to the hotels inner courtyard.
We only used the restaurant (Bibendum) on the night we arrived but wished we had used it more as it was significantly better than the other restaurants we tried - we tried their taster menu which was pretty good value at 38 euros and a very good standard. If you are looking for a hotel that is traditionally stylish and elegant (as opposed to modern-chic), with friendly service, you won't find much better particularly once you take the location into account.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is a meticulously restored private palazzo, just steps from the Duomo. The decor and furniture have been beautifully chosen and the ambiences reflect Florentine aristocracy in its most elegant period. The rooms boast antiques, the halls proudly display their 17th century paintings and the many of the suites have views of 15th-century Palazzo Strozzi. The Hostaria Bibendum Restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine in a grand dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence