This 'historical' five star hotel is a really good place, close to most attractions in Florence and definitely one of the best staff I have ever seen. They were always ready to help us in any way possible, even for our day trips to Lucca, Siena and Pisa. The breakfest is great too and the whole hotel gives this feeling of an old mansion, which goes really well with the city of Florence. The rooms are really good, very spacious and luxurious. I just didn't like the restaurant of the Hotel, service is not really good, the manager was in a bad mood and the food was trying to be way too fancy, but that doesn't make our amazing experience any worse.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN THE HEART AND HISTORY OF FLORENCE. The Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is located in front of Palazzo Strozzi, in the centre of Florence. Just off the most important streets for "haute couture" and only minutes by foot from every major landmark in city. Its rooms restored in the fullest respect for the period in terms of materials and furnishings, evoke a world of refined elegance. This unique atmosphere imbues the fine rooms with their silk curtains, the drawing-rooms with their precious figured-tile floorings, adorned with valuable seventeenth century Florentine paintings. The exclusive "Winter Garden", for private events and banquets.Brass chandeliers hang from the multi-toned sunroof. Live plants adorn the walls and elegant furnishings provide a true "garden setting". The comfortable Sala Strozzi is ideal for holding small meetings, seminars, conferences, presentations and receptions. The fascinating "Hostaria Bibendum" restaurant & cocktail bar, all the atmosphere of an irresistible rendezvous. It is here that most of the time is spent, with its relaxing alfresco terrace. It opens its doors for lunch, afternoon tea or a candlelit dinner, a truly unique experience that is not to be missed. The Hostaria Bibendum’s menus follow the seasons to insure freshness, along the finest dishes of the Italian cuisine, guests can enjoy typical Tuscan specialties. Each dish becomes a unique work, to be savoured with rare pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Splendia, Agoda, Escapio, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.