We stayed at the Helvetia and Bristol August 29-September 2, 2012. Had a great experience. Our first room was located on the street side and extremely noisy. We asked to move and they moved us into a beautiful room the second night (Thank you, Maria). It was so quiet and I slept great. The staff was cordial. They could possibly loosen up a bit, but we still enjoyed them. We kind of had that opinion of Italy in general. Everyone was cordial and nice, but no interaction with the guests or patrons. That is fine, though. As long as they are attentive to the guest needs, that works for me. The hotel was lovely and we would definitely stay here when we return to Florence.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is a meticulously restored private palazzo, just steps from the Duomo. The decor and furniture have been beautifully chosen and the ambiences reflect Florentine aristocracy in its most elegant period. The rooms boast antiques, the halls proudly display their 17th century paintings and the many of the suites have views of 15th-century Palazzo Strozzi. The Hostaria Bibendum Restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine in a grand dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Splendia, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Otel, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.