My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon, and really enjoyed our time at the Helvetia & Bristol. The room was on the snug side, but the service we received was the best out of all the hotels we stayed in during our trip.
We received a complimentary drink on arrival and, since it was the Easter weekend, all guests received an Easter cake in their room on the Sunday.
We dined at the restaurant our first night and were very impressed with the cuisine. The tiramsu was amazing!! One night, we only had two courses at a restaurant in town so we could come back to the hotel and order tiramsu again for our dessert!
On the negative side of the spectrum, as I've said, our room was pretty snug, and there was a drain from the rooms above in the wall, which was very loud when someone in the other rooms was showering or at the toilet.
If you're expecting a modern hotel with huge rooms, you'll probably want to look elsewhere. If, however, you want somewhere with genuine character and fantastic service then I would recommend checking this place out.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN THE HEART AND HISTORY OF FLORENCE. The Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is located in front of Palazzo Strozzi, in the centre of Florence. Just off the most important streets for "haute couture" and only minutes by foot from every major landmark in city. Its rooms restored in the fullest respect for the period in terms of materials and furnishings, evoke a world of refined elegance. This unique atmosphere imbues the fine rooms with their silk curtains, the drawing-rooms with their precious figured-tile floorings, adorned with valuable seventeenth century Florentine paintings. The exclusive "Winter Garden", for private events and banquets.Brass chandeliers hang from the multi-toned sunroof. Live plants adorn the walls and elegant furnishings provide a true "garden setting". The comfortable Sala Strozzi is ideal for holding small meetings, seminars, conferences, presentations and receptions. The fascinating "Hostaria Bibendum" restaurant & cocktail bar, all the atmosphere of an irresistible rendezvous. It is here that most of the time is spent, with its relaxing alfresco terrace. It opens its doors for lunch, afternoon tea or a candlelit dinner, a truly unique experience that is not to be missed. The Hostaria Bibendum’s menus follow the seasons to insure freshness, along the finest dishes of the Italian cuisine, guests can enjoy typical Tuscan specialties. Each dish becomes a unique work, to be savoured with rare pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Amex, Splendia, Escapio, Agoda, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.