My experience here made me look up what a 4-5 star hotel in Europe means. I found it strange that there was no one at the door to hold them while I struggled to get the luggage through. The reception staff was friendly enough- those who don't speak Italitan will do just fine here; I had to ask for a map- it was not offered. What was strange was that this map had an advertisement right over the area the the hotel was at- making it a bit difficult initially to figure out the immediate surroundings. Breakfast was sufficient. We ate dinner there too- good but not memorable- and not worth the cost. The staff was helpful in acquiring tickets to the Academy- one call- and it was done- less than 5 minutes. The was a nominal fee for this convenience which I thought was reasonable. I like many others resented the situation with wifi- €18 per day! I don't mind paying a small fee for use- but $22 PER DAY is plain insulting. I believe there is a Westin across the street- they comp it for their guests. There was a cafe in the square around the corner- I managed to use their wifi just to let family at home know we were safe. I purchased Wifi at a hotel in Rome- SwissCom-€9 for a week use. As I was walking around Florence- that one connected and was usable. Surely H&B can do better.
Our room was what I would expect from a European hotel- on the small side but clean and decorated. I think your experience is based on how you book your room and what you get- I ended up using a discount service to get this room on the 4th floor. It was sufficient. On a second trip to Florence, although I liked the location- I will probably try my luck elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helvetia & Bristol, a historic property located amongst Florence's many cultural treasures, is part of Niquesa Hotels & Residences. Niquesa's Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is undoubtedly the only place to stay when in Florence. As a World Heritage site and magnetic cultural destination, it is the focal point for any visitor, and we are blessed by being at the heart of it all. Our front door opens onto the Palazzo Strozzi, a masterpiece of Florentine Renaissance architecture, along with an enviable location in the luxury shopping district. Our rooms and suites offer tasteful colour palettes and the carefully chosen antique furniture, objects d'art, paintings and rich furnishings are our hallmark in design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence