“Oh yes!” 5 of 5 stars

+39 055 288330
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Bistrot Il Desco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 2,059 Restaurants in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Organic, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are located in the historic center of Florence, between Piazza del Duomo and San Marco and we offer a simple and tasty cuisine, made with the freshest ingredients of the highest quality. We owned a small farm in Reggello that provides us vegetables, fruit and extra virgin olive oil certified organic by ICEA. For this reason our menu is seasonal and changes every three months according to the production of the garden. The focus is on offer vegetarian dishes and great attention is paid to the Gluten Free offer, almost everything on the menu is suitable for people with celiac disease! Limited offer of meat, but always available in most traditional recipes:)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Oh yes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We chanced upon Il Desco, drawn in by the quirky window display. Glad it happened early in our visit as we returned everyday for lunch. They are open for lunch till 3 and snacks and wine till 5p. Organic food prepared with a passion for fine flavors. I can still taste the pasta with goat cheese and asparagus.

Personable, friendly service. It is not always quick. Do not stress yourself by having someplace to be shortly after lunch.

• Visited March 2013

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Overall a perfect 5 but menu and sizes a bit small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Small and really nice restaurant on via cavour. The first thing that caught our eyes was the short menu with only 5 options to dine. Fortunately we liked 3 so we ordered with a glass of chiant for each. The wine was amazing but that we already knew. However, the food was very tasty but rather small in size, specially the crepe. This costed a star in my overall review.
The place has weird hours and closes at 8pm which makes it difficult to dine on normal hours. But overall the place is very nicely decorated and the prices not so high.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
bistrotildesco, Food & Beverage Mngr at Bistrot Il Desco, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Nicolas,
I am very pleased that you liked our restaurant and that you have appreciated the quality of our products, thank you also for having pointed out the lack of generosity of the portion of the crepe with cheese and chestnut honey, we immediately proceeded to change the size, I thought the cheese and honey could fill after a few bites, but perhaps I was wrong.

I would keep a moment to clarify the discourse of the times:
We are open every day as the restaurant from 12:00 To 15:00 for lunch service with a kitchen expressly made with our products harvests a few hours earlier from our organic garden.

While as "bistro coffee" from Monday to Saturday from 15:00 to 20:00 where you can always eat something after the kitchen closing , Enjoy a glass of wine, a cappuccino or a drink! But
during the afternoon we don't have the chef, who before leaving, let us just done something to offer to our customers who want to eat .
Per this reason, the menu of the afternoon is easier and with fewer proposals but all with guaranteed quality and freshness,but we do not "dinner service", because as I wrote before we close at 20:00.

Thank you very much for your attention and friendliness.

Shams Shahidi
roma
“You will never forget this place and these friendly people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a nice place to eat in Florence. A nice place for vegetarians and with gluten free food as well! I tell you, it is not so simple! But, finally, we found this lovely, elegant but informal, bistro "Il Desco" in the heart of Florence. Atmosphere is warm, service is perfect and food is delicious: organic vegetables from their own family's organic farm like their amazing extra-virgin olive oil and red onions jam. Fresh meat and tasty cheeses come from local craft producers. And don't forget to taste their wines! Try the Artichokes flan, the Traditional ribollita or/and Millefeuille of seasonal vegetables with a glass of "Chianti Classico, Le Corti", a very special red wine, incredibly affordable! You will never forget this place, this meal and these friendly people.

• Visited March 2013
Florence, Italy
“This place is wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My Florentine husband and I discovered this sweet restaurant in the fall of 2012 when we were scouting around for a special place to bring some American friends who would be visiting. We immediately liked the cozy and characteristic front room and were greeted with a wide, sincere smile from a woman we later learned to be Elena, one of the managers.
The menu boasts Tuscan classics such as, depending on the season, Pappa al Pomodoro and Ribollita (as vegetarians, these are both favorites), but there are also inventive items and daily specials and, in subsequent visits, we have noted that the menu changes frequently. The food--clearly prepared with care, know-how and passion--has always been delicious and the friendly service among the best I have encountered anywhere in my many years in Florence.
There are only a handful of rustic tables in the cheery front room (topped with tasteful woven placemats and colored drinking glasses); happily, we have always been able to dine at one of these. (There are more tables in the back.) A range of newspapers (also the Herald Tribune) is available, bright artwork neatly hangs on the walls, the bathroom is impeccable (and interesting!), and, overall, the atmosphere is relaxing and inviting. We have been there with friends, as a couple, with our children, and I have even eaten there alone. In other words, all scenarios work well at Il Desco.
I highly recommend Il Desco for a quiet, tucked away dining experience in the very heart of bustling Via Cavour.

• Visited February 2013
Plano, Texas
“I LOVED THIS BISTRO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stumbled upon Il Desco while walking through the cobblestone streets of Florence and sure am glad we did. We were welcomed by Shams with a warm smile and lots of hospitality. He was welcoming and told us the afternoon entrees that were fresh and aromatic. I personally feel I had the best meal out of everyone in our party -- I thoroughly enjoyed the freshly prepared spaghetti on chickpeas with balsamic. OMG -- absolutely creamy and delightful. I cannot wait to get back to Firenze and go directly to Il Desco for this dish, in particular. Other members of our party had fresh pasta with boar ragu; fresh pasta with duck ragu and the lentil soup. The olive oil was the freshest I had tasted and was amazing. Three cheers for Shams and the entire team at Il Desco. Ciao!

• Visited February 2013