“Guided Florence tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 320 Activities in Florence
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Paola Angelini, tour guide since 1998, founded Guided Florence Tours to show everybody her love of Florence, so to show how the Renaissance is so contemporary and how much we can learn from art. See, feel and experience Florence from the inside, with different iteneraries that will leave you with lasting memories. You can have a personalized tour, or you can sign up to join a small groups (min 4 max 12 people): city and museum tours.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
McKinney, Texas
“Guided Florence tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I recently visited the beautiful city of Florence. I only had a short time, but our guide Michele was so knowledgeable and brought so much to our attention that we would never have known. He was so kind and catered to our wants and even worked in Gelato and a nice lunch! I would highly recommend this tour and hope to return. Paola and Stella answered all our questions -probably more than once, but it was my first visit and was a little nervous. A++ tour!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“So much knowledge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I had a quick stopover in Florence and took an afternoon tour with Paola.

We had just finished Dan Brown's new book Inferno, which takes place largely in Florence and we wanted to see some of the sights mentioned.

Paola was super helpful and took us to many of the specific Dante sites, offering excellent and knowledgeable commentary on it all. The visit to the baptistry was amazing, and she explained all the differences in the architectural features done by different artists.

I can absolutely say that we learned more in our short tour with Paola than we had on all previous visits on our own. I would urge people who have only visited using a guidebook to take one of Paola's tours to discover all that you have been missing.

Houston, Texas
“Amazing tour of Florence with Paola of Guided Florence Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I recently returned from a fabulous week in Tuscany with a group of friends. Having only a day and a half to see Florence, we chose an all day tour with Guided Florence Tours to capture all the sights in a short amount of time. Paola was our guide and brought Florence to life in a way I would not have ever known. Paola brings her knowledge of art, architecture and the history of Florence and weaves them all into an intriguing story about the major role Florence played in bringing the world into the Renaissance. It was a truly an amazing day that was the highlight of our trip to Italy. This tour was recommended by a friend who had another guide that was exceptional as well. I would highly recommend Guided Florence Tours to everyone!!!

Visited April 2013
Surrey, Canada
“Walking tour with Michele”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had a wonderful private tour with Michele arranged by Guided Florence Tours. There were 5 in our group & Michele tailored the tour to not tax 1 of our member's stamina. He not only knew Florence's history & renaissance art but he was kind. He never indicated that we were going slowly & could be seeing more so our less able member thought we saw everything. We had an enjoyable day & my only hope is to someday return & see more of the city. I would highly recommend Michele to all travellers due to his knowledge plus he also knows where to get the best gelato and meal!

Florence, Italy
“Paola”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Paola has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the art, the history, the people, and the architecture of Florence going back 800 years and beyond. More than this, her interpretation of the meaning, events and relationships is awe inspiring. Paola brings art alive and suggests it's meaning and relevance to our modern life - e.g. Botticelli's Venus. Paola's words about Michelangelo's David was highly evocative and brought tears to my eyes. Highly recommended.