“Poor quality, high prices” 2 of 5 stars

Borgo Ognissanti 85r, Florence, Italy
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Japanese
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Poor quality, high prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I have been to many Japanese restaurants in Italy and only few stand out in terms of quality. Generally Japanese food is relatively expensive because of the fresh fish they use. Here, I had a rice dish with chicken and teriyaki sauce and the most expensive Maki on the menu. The rice dish is EUR 10,00 and was a small bowl of rice with a few chicken pieces and a bit of Teryaki sauce. The Maki were 8 pieces of Tiger Maki for EUR 16,00. The quality was poor, I had to ask for Wasabi and the people working were only interested in their smart phones.
Conclusion: I do not recommend this restaurant.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Japanese restaurant near Westin and Grand hotels/ Piazza Ognissanti.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

For a change of pace from pizza, pasta, and (too) plentiful meals, I happened upon Hanami, which I visited twice during a recent visit to Florence. (Yes, it was that good!)

I had a late lunch one day and dinner another evening. (I can strongly recommend the seaweed salad and tempura.) The food was great and the service very pleasant; the prices are also very reasonable. Ordering Japanese food in Italian from a Chinese wait staff was entertaining as well. (I happen to speak Italian, but they do speak English.)

So if you need a break from Italian food, this is a great find!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere