“Perfect for a family with adult children, too!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 322 Activities in Florence
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect for a family with adult children, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

For Thanksgiving 2011, my family (parents and 2 adult children - we're friends at this point, too) decided to spend the week in Florence. What better way to spend Thanksgiving day than cooking authentic Florentine food?! Melanie and Paolo were wonderful. We started with a market visit, and we picked up some of the ingredients for our recipes. We then returned to their beautiful kitchen where we proceeded to cook, bake, drink, talk and eat. It was so wonderful and so home-y. We made a flourless chocolate cake (only 5 ingredients! and it was delicious). We also made eggplant "rollatini," ravioli, and zucchini. Two weeks after returning, I made the eggplant from memory, and a week later, I actually received the recipes from Melanie! I wasn't surprised at how well I remembered it. The class was so hands on, and I truly learned. My family is also planning for a ravioli-making party over the holidays.

I highly recommend this for families, groups of friends, solo - anyone who's interested in learning a little more about cooking, Florentine culture, and the wonderful folks who live there.

Houston, Texas, United States
“Energetic, passionate, and personable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

My brother and I met Melanie on a Wednesday morning in November to get a "taste" of Florintine culture while visiting friends. After 4+ hours of cooking, laughter and unlimited wine, we left her bright and energetic studio stuffed and bubbling with excitement. Melanie is passionate about what she does and about sharing the experience with others. I am so thankful that I was fortunate enough to find her through Trip Advisor!

“Melanie is Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I took the tour of the market and the cooking class in the olive grove in September. Melanie is so passionate about what she does and is an amazing chef. We had a wonderful day and highly recommend her.

athens
“We had the best time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Quite simply our favorite thing in Florence. Do not miss this amazing experience. The food was incredible and Paolo was amazing. Loved this.

Saint Charles, Illinois
“cooking in the olive grove was memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

OK, this was my first cooking class as a tourist. But, I don't know how I could have had a better experience. Melanie and Paolo and his uncle were wonderful hosts and teachers. Our dinner was fabulous, we all had fun helping fix it and each of us learned something new. I highly recommend doing this class as a different way to visit a city.

Visited September 2011