“Best gelato around” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Best gelato around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have eaten at 6 or 7 gelato places in Florence in the 3 days I was there and this place is by far the best gelato in the area. Amazing. I'm going there for desert tonight.

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Canberra
“Fantastic fresh gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Really enjoyed this place - went here every day! So close to our hotel and they did a great pizza with prosciutto for dinner one night. Really friendly people.
Flavours to suggest: the ricotta and candied orange peel Crema Magnifico, the cheesecake flavour (cream cheese), the black cherry, and the caramel and panacotta (like creme brulee) - fresh everyday in Summer.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gibraltar
“Coffee and surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great latte (probably best so far!) ice creams looked amazing but seriously cold in Florence in January so didn't go for it. Great free wifi connection gives in an excellent!

Los Angeles, California
“Tulio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I'm 15 years old, I've been to Europe twice, and this ice cream shop/cafe and the restaurant next door was one of the most memorable places from my trip! Nice outdoor seating, good drinks and gelato, but the best part was the owner, Tulio. He was friendly and talked to us, made great conversation, and even recommended a restaurant next door (which he happened to own) for us to go to dinner. While we ate, he visited us, made sure the food was good, and hung out with us. He was extremely funny, took selfies with us, and the gelato and food was so delicious that my family and I decided to return the next night.

If I go to Florence again, this would be my first stop. The experience beat some of the other landmarks and monuments I saw in Florence.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Dreadful Over Priced Rubbish! Don't Believe the Hype...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The owner shouted over to myself and my girlfriend to invite us in to try his "wonderful" ice cream.

We returned later to try it out and tasted the worst ice cream any of the two of us have ever sampled anywhere in the world!

If anyone has ever left a tub of ice cream to melt in its tub for too long and then refreezed it you will know what happens...you end up with a tub full of frosty hard ice cream, not good enough for a dog and only fit for the bin. Well this is what we were served here and at €4 for one scoop!!!!

The loud and arrogant owner of this place obviously spends all day typing up fictitious 5 star reviews and uploading them to this site and not enough time to make sure his gelato is edible!

Avoid at all costs, you have been warned. Ps I will be reporting him to TripAdvisor as he is definitely at it!