“Best decision ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 322 Activities in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: TUSCANY IN TOUR, based in Florence, is a licensed, high quality travel agency and tour operator authorized by the Province of Florence, and member of "Lost & Found Travel". Since 2001 we have specialized in offering private, exclusive trips throughout Tuscany to small groups with dedicated air-conditioned sedan or minivan transport – a choice that allows us to personalize your visit and make it truly memorable.We are at your disposal 24/7, eager to take you to your desired destination or to create a customized itinerary. We guarantee you thoughtful, courteous, competent and efficient service at very competitive prices.Our drivers are fluent in English, polite, well-dressed and well-informed, alert to your personal needs, expert in getting you to your destination comfortably and safely while introducing you to friendly Italians and little known hidden treasures - a genuine travel experience not possible with big tour groups.
Saskatoon, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Best decision ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

While researching Italy for a multigenerational family trip, I came across Tuscany in Tour on Trip Advisor. The reviews were great so I contacted them. Max was very patient with me as I started to build the itinerary and then had fabulous suggestions once we got into the details. When I looked at his quote for a van and driver and tours and compared it to what I could do with a more piecemeal approach - there wasn't a huge difference. And I had not taken into consideration the number of toll roads or the price of fuel in Italy! My husband and I, who would have been driver and navigator for the group, got to sit back and relax!

Our driver and guide for most of the trip was Massimo. Everyone from my octogenarian father to my nieces and nephew were impressed. His English was great and he patiently tried to help us with our Italian pronunciations. Massimo was always on time and well informed about everything we saw and experienced every day. He was flexible with the itinerary giving us choices at every opportunity. We had family members following us in a car for some of the tours and Massimo made the necessary adjustments to make sure we could all stay together (a challenge due to parking rules for private vehicles vs. tour vehicles).

One of my sisters asked me just days before the trip how I was going to manage the inevitable stress of keeping this many people organized. I told her I didn't have too. And I was right - Max and Massimo made sure everything went smoothly. I highly recommend Tuscany in Tour!

Visited September 2013
TuscanyInTour, Manager at Tuscany in Tour by Lost&Found Viaggi, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate it and we are extremely happy to read you had an amazing time with us on tour! We hope you can come back soon in the future! All the best from Florence

atlanta
23 attraction reviews
““I kept waiting for something to be less than excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

“I kept waiting for something to be less than excellent....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

but nothing ever was. We took the 9 night / 8 day package.

I have traveled all over the world, so driving around Italy is not intimidating to me. In point of fact, I've driven everywhere in Italy from Milan to the Amalfi coast.

Before deciding to use this company, we naturally priced the hotels, rental car options and costs of guides. (Needless to say, a large Mercedes was off the charts expensive). After doing this pretty thorough research and allowing for a profit for the company, which is why they are in business, the costs were lower than I could have ever gotten independently.
We had Massimo as a driver; he made reference to the fact that he wasn't a guide but a driver. I was impressed with this ethical disclosure, but as things turned out (we did have official guides in Florence, Siena etc) I wouldn't have wanted anyone but Massimo, regardless of title. If you will pardon the pun, he was unswervingly knowledgeable, upbeat and had enough inside tips on sights and ambience to make him fantastic. If there was a confusing path to a Roman amphitheater Massimo made sure we found it by walking there with us.(Max, the owner of Trav. in Tuscany, makes it clear that the drivers are NOT guides, but drivers who are proud of what they do, so one can explore at one's own pace).

On the last day, I had asked to see the Etruscan ruins near Murlo. Inspite of a GPS which kept leading him to flood-closed roads, somehow Massimo kept trying until he found a road in!!

This company was a 101% experience; how often does that happen?

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your feedback! It is really rewarding to read these words, hope to see you back in Tuscany soon!
Singapore, Singapore
“A Memorable Visit to Tuscany”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My friend and I really enjoyed our visit. Massimo had driven all the way from Florence to Rome to meet us at the airport and did his utmost to make our stay comfortable. He quietly got our rooms upgraded in Lucca after we had a slight issue with the hotel bathroom in Rome on our first day. He was entertaining, and kept us from falling asleep in the car as he taught us the finer points of cooking alio aglio and lasagna. Massimo struck us as a devoted dad who works hard for his family, and we felt safe with him. He gave us a quick orientation of Milan before dropping us off at the hotel there. We had no plans initially for a walking tour, but when we changed our minds, he quickly got on the mobile and made several calls to get us one. We had very knowledgeable guides for our walking tours. We had taken this company and asked for Massimo on a recommendation by a friend, and we were not disappointed.

Visited October 2013
TuscanyInTour, Direttore at Tuscany in Tour by Lost&Found Viaggi, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post your comment, we do appreciate so much your kind words about us and our staff, our goal is to provide excellent services and it is rewarding to see our efforts recognized in your review. Thank you again
Federal Way, Washington, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tour. Emergency Room And More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our guide, Massimo, picked us up in a Mercedez van and drove us through several charming villages. One stop was the mid evil village of San Gimignano that some say is corny, but I say incredible. This village gives you a brief opportunity to see what it was like to live in an Italian castle with a 360 degree mountain view. We then went off to visit a private winery where we had a four course lunch in a private dining room at the 300 year old winery called Castello Monterinaldi. The wine and food was superb. All of us are "foodies" and we loved it. We ate and drank wine for two hours without being rushed. Unfortunately one of us had too much wine and food and triped outside and split his face open. Off to the emergency room we went where Massimo really steped up. He translated for us, went in and met with the doctors and assured us that he would not leave us until the injured one (my father) was patched up and ready to go. Despite this diversion the rest of us had a blast and would only think of using Massimo again on our return visit to Tuscany. Massimo is now part of the family.

Johnyunho

Visited November 2013
Thank you for your great feedback! We are really pleased to read how much you enjoyed the Tour & hope to have you back in Tuscany in the future!
All the best from the Tuscany in Tour team.
Federal Way
“3 Generations Give this Tour a 5 Star Rating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My parents, husband, adult children and brother spent an amazing day with Massimo touring Tuscany. Massimo's knowledge of the area and history is exceptional but what we enjoyed most was his fantastic sense of humor. The highlight was our wine tour and lunch at Castello Monterinaldi. The wine pairing and food was out of this world. It is a day that I will never forget. I am most grateful for Massimo creating this memory for me and my family.

Visited November 2013