“Highlight of my trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wanna be Italiano!

Wanna be Italiano!
and up
Ranked #140 of 320 Activities in Florence
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Our classes are offered as a view into a typical Tuscan cuisine. Classes are small and intimate. First step: grocery shopping at the central market!! You will go shopping with the chef at the central market picking up the ingredients for your lunch. You will meet the butchers, the bakers, and the farmers selling vegetables from their gardens. You will learn how to distinguish the highest quality ingredients and as an added bonus, how to bargain! You will taste local foods & wines. After this fun experience you will reach the house and start the lessons in a private kitchen. A true hands-on experience, and you will prepare your own meal, made of Bruschetta, Fresh Home-made Pasta, and a main course, accompanied with a selection of Chianti wines. As you will eat your own food, you’d better be an attentive student while the Chef is teaching!
Marietta, Georgia
“Highlight of my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I visited Florence this past month. I was giving the gift of attending this cooking class. One of the highlights of my trip! Visiting the market with two of the chefs was a treat. I visited the market several times when I was there and am so happy I was able to make my first visit with the cooking class! The cooking class itself was excellent.....we actually learned how to cook an Italian meal. I never felt that the class was touristy. I felt that the chefs were passionate about what they do and happy to share their knowledge. The class was small enough to get one on one instruction if you needed it and large enough to feel like you were having dinner with a big Italian family! I would highly recommend making this cooking class a part of your visit if you have any interest in cooking! You will be glad you did !

Visited June 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Giovanni thanks for the memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I attended the 'I wanna be Italiano' Cooking class on April 27,2012. I have to say to was a wonderful experience. We had a full class that day with 16 participants and it was a terrific group of people.

First we get a tour of the market, they talk to us about the different olive oils, vinaigrettes, cheeses and we got to sample everything. I enjoyed the market, it was fun and informative. We bought our ingredients that morning for our cooking class.

In class we made homemade pasta, a to die for Bolognese sauce, and Tiramisu. Everything tasted great and it was very hands on. Giovanni is very charming and a wonderful teacher. I highly recommend this class it will give you memories to last a lifetime and make your vacation that much more special.

Visited April 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing time, amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was one of our best days in Florence and one of the best meals! So much fun and such good food. Giuseppe and Andrea were great. I will for sure be using the skills at home! Mmmm

Visited May 2012
Agnes Water, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic introduction to Italian cooking at an extremely reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Absolutely loved the market visit to start with. I could have spent all day there. No. I could live there! Sampled some awesome balsamic and olive oil before continuing our tour around the market with Chef Giovanni giving us lots of tips and explaining what most things are (poor uneducated me!). The nature of the cooking meant that some things were done by all of us, and others done by the Chef as we watched on. Not that that mattered one bit. We were there to learn the tips and tricks which we certainly did. The food we prepared was honestly the best meal I ate in Italy and we got recipe books which included recipes for everything we made. Can't wait to show off my new skills at home with an Italian dinner party! Thoroughly enjoyed both this and the Gellato and pizza making course. Extremely reasonable price and great value for money. Unless you have a week to spare and a lazy $2000 a professional course, this class will definitely hit the spot. Goes down as one of my favorite experiences in Italy.

Visited March 2012
“My favorite part of our honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012 via mobile

We were lucky to have been able to take part of this wonderful experience yesterday! We got lucky as we booked off season and there was only 3 of us
In the class :)

Going to the markets first was an amazing experience, for a first time traveller like myself I was really wanting to be able to see the real Italy- where everyday Italians go to do their food shopping! Everyone in the markets is so happy and friendly and it was great to be able to taste the fresh local produce! It was nice to go somewhere and not have things shoved in my face trying to get me to buy! I got some amazing balsamic vinegar from the first stall we stopped at that all of my friends and family back in Australia are going to enjoy!

After Being able to meet some of the locals we went to chef Giovanni's kitchen! We got some hands on experience with step by step cooking made easy. Giovanni was very attentive and answered all of the questions we had and had no problems offering a helping hand!

My husband was also very happy as he got to taste some local Chianti wine with our meal! Overall we loved this experience and you don't need to have much in the way of cooking skills to
Have a great time! Thankyou for making this a great experience on our honeymoon!
Erico and Jasmine