“Fantastic Tour!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscan Wine Tours - Day Tours

Tuscan Wine Tours - Day Tours
Meeting at Piazza Giuseppe Poggi | Office in Via De' Bardi 23r, 53034 Florence, Italy
+39 331 358 3823
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 86 Food & Drink in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscan Wine Tours is a trademark by Grape Tours tour operator. We organise fun and educative 1 day wine tours starting in Florence. Super Chianti, Wines & Villas and Tasty Tuscany are full day excursions guided by our specialist guides. The tours include visits at high quality farms and lunch in a splendid location is always provided for. Tuscan Wine Time is a half day tour that includes a wine educational at the Tuscan Wine School and visits & tastings at 2 wineries in the Chianti Classico region including a light Tuscan lunch. We also run 1 day private tours to several different wine regions, always with a wine specialist.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Dallas, Texas
“Fantastic Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My sister and I went on the tour with Pierre and it was fantastic! He was amazingly knowledgeable and very entertaining. We visited one smaller winery in the Chianti region and one larger winery in the Chianti Classico region and both were fantastic. We had quite a selection of sampling at both wineries including several wines and olive oil. We were also lucky enough to have samples of in-house made Pecorino cheeses at the smaller winery! Between the two visits, we had lunch in Panzano, which was an experience in itself. We sampled some salami, Chianti "butter" AKA Lard with spices, and enjoyed a "meat meal" consisting of Chianti "sushi" (Beef Tartare), Chianti "Tuna" (Marinated Pork), a Roasted Pork, and a Meatloaf followed by a delectable Olive Oil cake and coffee. The day was definitely one of our favorites in Florence and we'll never forget it!

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Miami
“What a nice tour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband booked this company because we wanted to be in a small group, we do not like large tourist buses that usually take you in large and commercial wineries.
We visited two wineries a small and another larger in size...
Pierre our French guide, but with good english , explained to us every moment of the process of wine making from the crushing to the final tasting.
Great wiews, delicious wines, and good lunch at the butcher shop, based on fresh meat .

Somerville, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
“l”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

My husband and I took the Chianti Classico tour with Hilaria in September 2012. It was one of the highlights of our trip. It was very fun, well-organized, educational but not stuffy and an excellent escape from the bustle of the city. Hilaria was an excellent guide - friendly, funny, and knowledgeable. We were a bit hesitant to do a tour like this versus just renting a car but I'm so glad we did. It is not your typical tour with 45 people. I think ours had 8 total.

Here is how our day went: We met Hilaria at a location on the other side of the river and were transported in a comfortable van out into the countryside. The views along the way were incredible. We stopped at one point to go into a field at one of the vineyards where Hilaria gave us an overview of the region and its history, grapes, and wines. Next we went to the first winery which was a small operation and very beautiful. We sampled 4 wines there, toured the facilities and learned a bit more about tasting, etc.

Next we went to lunch at the famous butcher shop - Dario's - which was really an incredible experience. When we walked in there were several people there and along the side a table set out with several different meats, breads, and lardo, and a glass of red wine was promptly placed in my hand. After a while, we went up stairs where we had a fantastic lunch of vegetables, bread, wine, and of course, lots of delicious meats. We all set outside on a beautiful back patio - it was quite an experience.

Next we went to another winery - a larger operation this time where we tasted several more wines as well as olive oil and some chocolates.

On our way back to Florence we stopped in Greve at a rival butcher shop where my husband stocked up on several prepacked meats which we enjoyed throughout the rest of our trip in Italy.

All in all - this is really not a day to be missed! Months later we are still reminiscing about what a wonderful time we had.

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“A fun day trip from Florence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

One thing that attracted me to this tour was the small group size; our group was a convivial six people , plus our guide, Ilaria, who was both knowledgeable and entertaining, not to mention a thoroughly nice person. She was a large part of making this all day tour through the beautiful Tuscan countryside fun and informative;. Even the rain couldn't ruin it. We first went to a small family winery, where we had generous portions of wine and really good cheese, then stopped for lunch at the "crazy butcher's" restaurant, where we had a delectable lunch which would make anyone a devotee of his "slow food" philosophy. Finally, we did another wine tasting at a medium size winery before returning to Florence. A thoroughly enjoyable day. Strongly recommend this tour.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Our best day in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Being self-confessed winos, my husband, mother and I had the most indescribably gorgeous experience with Rebecca and the Tuscan Wine Society. Rebecca is an impeccable guide, host and friend. She is extremely knowledgeable about Italian wine, olive oil, and some of the truly fantastic places to eat in the region - and as an added bonus, she is absolutely hysterical! Warm, intelligent and in possession of a rapier wit that we all enjoyed immensely.

As we chortled our way across the staggeringly beautiful Tuscan countryside, we traveled to some of the most stately, elegant wineries I've ever had the privilege to visit, and I (who considered myself sooooo wordily and wine-savvy) received quite an education about Italian wine. I feel like I am much more of an educated consumer now, as I haunt my local wine shops, and with each new purchase, I feel as though I am even more impressed with the selection, and increasingly grateful to Rebecca for all I learned on our winery tours.

Another, peerless element within the wine tours was our visit to globally renowned Tuscan butcher Dario Cecchini at his picturesque butcher shop in Chianti. He is truly an artist (if one can be a master in the medium of meat - and he is!). He strives to preserve centuries-old practices of meat preparation and quality, while adding his own unique twist on presentation - with a serious dash of self-deprecating humor. My husband, a devout carnivore, was nearly silent throughout our entire session with the tasting menu. He was operating in a meat-induced, blissful coma - and I couldn't blame him. I loved every succulent morsel we tried and the butcher's friendship with Rebecca and her co-workers is what made that legendary experience possible for our group.

I'll never forget the experience, or the memories we created on that sunshine-filled day...every drop of wine and every taste of rare meats and cheeses were a revelation to me. I pinch myself when I think I had the pleasure of enjoying it all on a sun-dappled, perfectly gilded Tuscan day - only enhanced by the utter loveliness of our host, Rebecca. Thank you, Tuscan Wine Society!