My husband and I chose this B&B thanks to the good reviews we found on tripadvisor and we are so happy we did! We LOVED our stay at La Dimora deli Angeli. Of all the places we stayed in Italy this was our favorite.
It is a short walk from the train station - although if you have 2 rolling luggages each like we did it can be difficult to walk through the crowds and cobblestone but it was all part of our adventure! It is in a very nice location- right by the Duoma, Piazza de la Republica and a short walk to many sights. We loved the location.
Upon arrival we checked into our room right away and were so excited at how charming everything was! Yes it is on the 4th floor of an older building with a small, old elevator but we found that to be part of it's charm. The room was beautiful. Everything was very clean and the it was a very nice size. It was the most comfortable bed we slept in during our stay in Italy. The bathroom was beautiful and the rainfall shower head was so nice! And our view was incredible! We had a beautiful view of the street as well as the Duoma when we turned our heads to the right. The street was noisy when you had the windows open but we loved being able to hear the city and then close the shutters and you could not hear a thing. The shutters were also so nice with how much they kept out the light (very important for us the mornings we wanted to sleep in)! We never heard anyone in the other rooms - once or twice we heard some talking from the lobby but nothing that bothered us. The wifi worked perfectly. The room far exceeded our expectations.
When entering the lobby area there is the reception desk and the tea room which we loved using. As we were there in late December it was so nice to come back after a long day of sightseeing in the cold and be able to enjoy a cup of tea. We rarely saw any of the other people staying there - it was pretty quiet the whole time.
The staff was so helpful from the moment we checked in until we checked out. Silvia helped us with our many questions. The other woman working the desk was also very helpful but I am drawing a blank on her name! We got so many great recommendations for places to eat and they gave us a map with directions to all the major sights. The cleaning staff also did a wonderful job of keeping our room looking and smelling wonderful.
The breakfast was not at the b&b location but we knew this when we booked and were perfectly okay with this. We loved the charm of the cafe we had breakfast at. The pastries and sandwiches we could choose from were amazing and the staff there was very kind. By the end of our 5 day stay they knew our orders!
I would definitely recommend this b&b to any friends and family visiting Florence and if we are ever lucky enough to return we will certainly stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- b&b With a View La Dimora Degli Angeli Hotel
- Bed And Breakfast With a View La Dimora Degli Angeli
- b&b With a View La Dimora Degli Angeli Hotel Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cherubini family owns and manages B&B with a view La Dimora degli Angeli, small and charming B&B is located in the heart of the old, historical centre. This B&B offers six rooms, five of which have an amazing view of the Duomo Square and Repubblica Square or Brunelleschi street. Every room is furnished with only the best amenities, each with its own charm and personality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your B&B with a view La Dimora degli Angeli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.