“Decent food, served super fast” 3 of 5 stars

Dante Alighieri 4/r, 50123 Florence, Italy
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #455 of 1,967 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Pennello is located in the very center of the cities and it is known by lawyers, business man and bankers, wich are used to meet there for a fast lunch.The “Osteria Pennello” was founded in the 16th century by the painter Mariotto Albertinelli. Since 1969 the members of two tuscan families (Brogi & Nenciolini) runs the restaurant continuing the tradition of one of the most historic restaurants in Florence. Menù in english, french, deutsche, russian.
Storrs, Connecticut
“Decent food, served super fast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I liked the octopus stew, found the osso bucco a little plain, but they were clearly intent on turning every table just as quick as possible. Pleasant service, just way too frenetic for authentic Italian dining -- might be a good choice if you had to catch a train or something, but not for an enjoyable dinner.

Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We went there twice ! Food is so good and mouth-watering. We strongly suggest you take the 20 euro menu. The scallopini a la limone is superb. Tiramisu is sweet and nice. Staff is kind and welcoming. A real Tuscany treat.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Italy
“Highly recommend! One of my favorites!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I can't remember how I found this restaurant, but it was FANTASTIC. My entire family thoroughly enjoyed this evening. The restaurant was inviting and easy to find. In fact, my family had split up that day and when my parents arrived they weren't sure if it was the correct restaurant. The waiter invited them in with open arms. We had a lovely table for 7 people and I believe our waiters name was Marco (although I can't fully remember). He was fabulous! The menu had a wide variety of food and everything was very reasonably priced. Our waiter even gave us a bowl of ice when we asked for it! This was the first and only time that we had cold tap water at a restaurant in Italy. It's small things like that that really make a place shine for us. We were all dehydrated and wanted cold water that wasn't going to cost us 4€ a bottle. It was a real treat to have ice. Everyone loved their appetizers and meals. We couldn't decide on what wine to get so our waiter brought us two bottles and said that we would only be charged for what we drank. The wine was delicious and we ended up finishing a bottle and a half. I think the total price for it was like 12€ or something like that. We skipped dessert because we wanted gelato from the "best gelateria in Florence." Instead of convincing us to stay for dessert, our waiter pointed out the gelateria on the map for us! The entire staff was attentive, hospitable, and caring. It was one of the best dining experiences that we had in Italy. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone passing through Florence!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were in Florence for 4 days and ate here twice. The lampredotto and carciofi were fabulous! And the panda cotta was out of this world! The staff were very friendly and efficient. This is a solid restaurant and I would come back again on my next trip to Florence.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, United Kingdom
“recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great selection of food, very well presented by friendly happy staff, I especially recommend the pepeto beef . Good wine selection had an excellent Valpolicella here at €24

Visited June 2012