“Great way to experience Rome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 278 activities in Florence
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Our Florence bike tours are the best guided bicycle tour for the whole family and small groups who would like to visit Florence by bicycle with an expert guide. See More and have More Fun!
Sacramento, California
“Great way to experience Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I took the Bike Tour of Rome on our Honeymoon and it was definitely one of the highlights. What better way to experience the culture, old and new, then becoming part of the city. Unlike other tours, we were able to see more and travel down old cobblestone alleyways that we would have missed on a bus. Our group was small (4 total). I highly recommend for first time visitors as well as returning.

Visited October 2012
Claudio C, Guest Relations Manager at Italy Cruiser Bike Tours, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
honey moon rome bike tour... that really sounds perfect!!! Have a super happy life together and thanks a lot for sharing your views with the community here on tripadvisor!!! be back soon... marco (:

Seattle, Washington
“The history will amaze you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

No one knows Italy better than an Italian! Fabio showed and told us so many things we would have never known about. Made our trip all the better! Highly recommend him and the bike tour!

Visited October 2012
Hello !! I am very happy you enjoyed my Rome with me. I love my city and hope this immense love got to you too...
be soon back riding with me... I'd love it! ciao, Fabio (:
Moose Jaw, Canada
“Had a great tour and experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We booked a private tour for 4 people as our cruise ship schedule didn't allow us to safely make the standard group tour on time. We booked a simple ship excursion that got us from the dock into Rome. This ride takes about 11/2 hours. We then took a taxi from our drop-off point near St. Peter's Square to the bike tour meeting point located near Piazza Venezia . Metered taxis are only about 11 Euro each way.

The guide greeted us on arrival and had the designated leader of our group (me) fill out a small amount of paperwork.

Bikes were checked individually by the guide to ensure everyone was happy with their ride. If there is something you don't like about your bike, such as handlebar angle or seat height, have it dealt with at this time. One member of our group stated that everything was fine, even after the guide had asked several times. This person then whined about the fact that his feet couldn't reach the ground properly... after the tour was completed!

Personally, I found that all of the bikes we rode could have used a slight bit of tweaking of the brakes, all the levers had a bit too much free play in them. Having said that, the brakes were still adequate for the conditions and speeds we had encountered.

The guide conducts his tour with a radio audio system. The rider wears an earphone on one ear. This worked very well.

Our guide spoke very good English, was very informative and pleasant to listen to, and had a sense of humour. He took questions after describing each location and then gave a quick description of our next planned stop.

The tour itself took about 3 hours. Be sure to take water with you.

The terrain and roads we covered were varied, but never difficult. The guide never rode too quickly and checked often to make sure we were all still with him. When negotiating narrow crowded streets I found it best to stay directly behind him as much as possible.

A bike tour has to be one of the best ways to see such a city as Rome. You have all the advantages of a pedestrian while covering more ground in comfort and making better use of your time. Also, a bike tour is so much better than riding around in a tour bus. You are up close to everything and experience all the sights, sounds and smells of the city, resulting in a much more vivid memory of your time in Rome.

Visited September 2012
Claudio C, Guest Relations Manager at Italy Cruiser Bike Tours, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
the cruise ship timetables sometimes don't fit with regular tours. You did the right thing booking a private tour and I am very happy you enjoyed your ride with us! You managed to discover town in a shorter time than just walking. You had all the advantages of a pedestrian, as you write, while covering more ground in comfort and making better use of your time. Smart pick! thanks for joining us and on your next cruise, get in touch with us for another ride together!!! marco(:
Canberra
“Can't go wrong with a bike tour in Florence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

When travelling, we try to do bike tours of the cities as we find it an excellent way to find our bearings quickly. Doing this bike tour in Florence was no different, Valentina was a very good guide and we thoroughly enjoyed the leisurely pace at which we explored the city. Having a gelato break midway through the tour was a delight and the 'cocco' gelato was excellent.

My only criticism would be the condition of the bikes, they could use a bit of grease and working bells. In a tourist city like Florence, you have to swerve in an out of peoples way - which is a little difficult with a working bike bell.

Visited September 2012
hello and thanks for spending time on this review. Soon after your comment I have personally serviced all bikes. I am very sorry if you found them not in top conditions as we would have wanted to make you find. There will not be a next time for bad bikes though... i will keep an extra eye on them from now on. Thanks for the nice words spent over valentina which I am sure will be happy to read. Arrivederci, Marco (:
Singapore, Singapore
21 attraction reviews
“Good way to see Rome in 3 hours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We chose the bike tour instead of the segway tour as it covers a wider area and more places of interest. There were only 4 of us in the group and the tour guide (sorry, couldn't remember his name) was excellent. He checked our bicycles before the start of the tour and made sure that we were comfortable. He gave good information at each stop and always kept a lookout for us, especially since I was always falling behind. The gelato that came with the tour was very good too!

Things to note: being in Rome, you get plenty of cobbler stones roads that were not easy to ride on. There are some slopes where you have to cycle up and it does get extremely crowded at the popular spots like Trevi Fountain, Colosseum etc. I'm 32, slim but hardly exercise, so stamina was definitely an issue for me.

If you are fit and loves cycling, this is definitely a good way to see Rome in the shortest time possible.

Visited September 2012
thanks a lot for your precious point of view you have shared with us all. Rome is built on 7 hills but we have planned the itinerary perfectly in between in order not to have to do big climbs. The only climb we have choosen to do is a not to miss part though because it takes you onto aventine hill and one of the best lookout terraces overlooking the gigantic arena of circus maximus and the massive ruins of the imperial palaces on palatine hill... it is worth the effort... you'll love it all!!! thanks again for joining the fun! marco (: