“Mandatory Night in Florence!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #84 of 1,970 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Vegetarian, Chowder
Sydney, Australia
“Mandatory Night in Florence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

On our honeymoon, my wife wanted to introduce me to Florentine Steak. We came to Trattoria Osteria Da Que' Ganzi and I could not be happier!

As a steak lover and an Australian (which exports beef across the world), I have to admit that I have not enjoyed my Florentine Steak (as a steak) in years, maybe even decades! It was that good! And the wine and accompaniments were just fabulous!

It was so good that I completely polished off the 900g steak (something I have never done)! I'm now on the hunt for a Florentine steak or a great steak back in Australia, but am beginning to have doubts that I will ever again be satisfied by another steak again for some time.

May have to return to Florence as soon as possible.

• Visited August 2014

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
“Our Favorite Restaurant in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great food. Great Wine. Great Service. This was our favorite restaurant in Florence. We loved it so much we ate here twice. Homemade pasta to die for. Delicious meats Whole sea Bream—a fresh Mediterranean fish was loved by my spouse. Terrific reasonable priced vino. If you have room their desserts are great. The owner was nothing but accommodating and gracious. This is a popular place so a reservation is suggested Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Basil Fawlty is alive & living in Florence”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by the b&b where we were staying and after looking at reviews decided to give it a go.
The appearance is lovely and it is off the main thoroughfares but our first taste of the owner should have been enough to make us spin on our heels. He greeted us with a sigh as we had not booked and then proceeded to direct us like a dog trainer.
We waited at the table to order and Basil clearly does not like any of the staff doing any order taking or wine choosing, just the delivery services. He barks at the poor girls and then fawns over, an attempt to order drinks took way too long.
A bottle of Tuscan Chianti eventually arrived and we proceeded to order the renowned Fiorentine steak and bruschetta to start. The bruschetta was unremarkable and the overpriced steak was, although tasty, not as tender as it should be. We were afraid to complain in case he dragged Terry out from the kitchen to apologise to us.
Overall the bill was littered with extras, from a greedy little €2 cover charge to a charge for bread and this restaurant is not to be recommended whilst Basil is in charge.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Linkoping, Sweden
“Fabulous dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This evening me and my wife ate a fantastic dinner at this restaurang. The pasta with with scallops was one of the best dishes I have ever had in Italy this far. If you ever visit Florence don't miss this place.

Missoula, Montana
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Trattoria Osteria Da Que' Ganzi is exactly what we had in mind when we went looking for a great restaurant with atmosphere, outstanding food and excellent wine. The owner was extremely helpful explaining the menu and allowed us to sample and choose a wine we would like. We ate there two nights in a row and my husband said the seafood risotto was the best he ever had. The food and desserts are presented beautifully, enticing you with your eyes. We encourage you to make a reservation the next time you're in Florence.

• Visited June 2014