“Great Service,Great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Osteria Da Que' Ganzi

Trattoria Osteria Da Que' Ganzi
Via Ghibellina 70/rosso | Zona Santa Croce - Centro storico, 50122 Florence, Italy
+39 055 226 0010
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 1,948 restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Vegetarian, Chowder
Madrid, Spain
“Great Service,Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I found this restaurant on TA before going to Florence, so I book a table for two by E-mail. The waiter is really warm-hearted. What I like most is the starter, Tuscan Ham Plate with soft cheese for two. I love Tuscan ham!!
The dessert I choose chocolate flan, but it's lavacake indeed. The Plating was beautiful and tasted great!!
Highly recommend this place for dinner

91% Recommend
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had dinner here on our last night in Florence (23rd March) and were nearly left before we were served.
We had to wait almost half an hour until we received bread and wine. The thing is the guy running it seems a control freak and has to handle everything personally. Which means the waitresses won;t do anything without his say so.
When we did finally get served everything ran perfectly, and the proprietor / owner (?) is a bit of a character.
Food was superb and huge portions. Started off with a pear based salad which was superb. Had parpardelle with cuttlefish for 1st course followed by pork loin. My wife had turbot which was skinned and prepared off a trolley in front of us. I can't remember the wine we ordered but it was the best bottle we had in Florence. The owner said he'd sourced it from a vineyard which was growing a grape not producing for many years. Seems to be quite knowledable on the soucing of wines.
So apart from the initial hiccup, this place is thoruoughly recommended, And if you do find yourself not being attended to initially, just stick with it.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Simply wonderful food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We picked this restaurant from tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed.
The menu choice was extensive as was the wine options and both were very reasonably priced.
Best of all, the food did not disappoint. We had three courses and everyone was superb. Their cheesecake and also the Tiramisu is to die for!
Service here was wonderful, with an owner who really cared and valued his customers satisfaction and feedback.
I would highly recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florence, Toscana, Italy
“Oh... I'm in love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is my second review of this restaurant. Since I wrote my first review, this restaurant has been our favorite dinner place in Florence and I am determined to let people know how wonderful this place is. We frequented this place at least once every other week and every time we have guests visiting us, we always bring them here and Gosh, they all love this place!!!

Our favorites: Crostini Toscani, Pici all' astice (Homemade pasta with half lobster), Tagliata di manzo (you can also choose fillet or bistecca alla fiorentina if you want), Tiramisu is wonderful, wine list is superb.

Their other food on the menu is equally fantastic. Not to mention that the service is excellent. Make reservation in advance to avoid disappointment.

Do give this restaurant a go and you will not regret it.

“Just excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We chose this place for dinner because of its good comments in tripadvisor. We made our best choice.
Our dinner was perfect.
I suggest it to everyone!