“Our Favorite Gelateria in Florence” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dessert
Zurich, Switzerland
“Our Favorite Gelateria in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Handmade fresh every morning. This husband & wife team make the best gelato in Florence ---- and we tried a lot of them. Our friends inFlorence took us to a different Gelateria every day, but when we found this gem, we stopped going to other places. Also slightly cheaper than other more central gelaterias.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boulder, Colorado
“YUM YUM YUMMY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Seriously, we don't even like gelato (or so we thought!) We ended up here 2 out of the 3 nights that we were in Florence. BEST ICE CREAM EVER! We had high hopes in Paris and tried some gelato there... and it made us miss Gelateria Santa Trinita. It is a small shop just steps from the Santa Trinita Bridge. You get your scoops and hop up on the bridge for some delicious creamy goodness and great people watching. I had mascarpone and cherry mixed one night.... and it was exactly how it should be. Cold, creamy and super flavorful! The staff was very friendly and helpful in helping me make the BIG decision on what flavors to choose.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds
“My most favourite icecream shop .... ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Masses of choice of flavours.....
Lovely people (who are so delighted for you to taste different flavours ..) ....
Reasonably priced ....
I just love it here ..... and always struggle to have just one tub
I've visited Florence 3 times, and this is always near the top of my list of places to go.
(And I think it's fabulous that the red bus stops just outside)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Monica, California, United States
“Cross the Arno at Ponte Santa Trinita and get yourself some yummy gelato!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

You don't need to window shop the mostly tacky jewelry on the Ponte Vecchio again.
I was feeling ashamed because I was on my 3rd gelato that particular day, and then I overheard a group of girls talking amongst themselves while waiting to order. One was reminding another that it was her 4th gelato of the day. I said a silent thank you to her for making me feel less a glutton (too busy savoring my milk chocolate and buontalenti to say it aloud.). Housemade gelato and not from an industrial mix. Lots of nut, chocolate and fresh fruit favors. Nice staff, patient with tourists.

• Visited May 2013
las cruces nm
“Not nice service great gelato”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The staff serving gelato is usually pleasant but the staff of the cafe are rude and sometimes threatening the Gelateria does a lot more business Thasn the cafe they share with. So when the crowds block the entrance to the cafe. Which the Gelateria is within, the cafe staff push and shout to tourists to get out of the way. And seating is only for cafe customers not Gelateria customers as an elderly customer found out who I watched be lifted to her feet and shuffled out of the outside seating area. Not worth the stress for the gelato.

Visited June 2013