“Una bella casa a Firenze” 5 of 5 stars

Via Dante Alighieri 12, 50122 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #105 of 553 Florence B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Una bella casa a Firenze”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Highly recommend. Great location, great host. Stayed here for a week in the fall of 2010 and could not have been happier! Bruno è molto gentile!! Our room was PERFECT, clean, comfortable, good beds, and a great bathroom. Bruno was fantastic about helping with reservations, planning itinerary and everything. We felt safe and at home. There was even a fridge we could store wine, etc. Bruno arranged a VERY early taxi for us and even had breakfast prepared extra early so we wouldn't leave without un caffè e pasticceria. Could not have asked for more!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Portland area, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Badia is very close to everything, Bruno is a perfect host and accommodating for all requests. The room was less noisy than I would have thought being in such a busy area. The breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The location for this bed and breakfast could not have been better. It was nice and quiet and the rooms are quite large for Europe. The host was extremely friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that the bed wasn't very comfortable, but everything else more than made up for it. I would stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights at Bruno's guesthouse and recommend this place for the great location, the friendly service provided by Bruno, the owner of the B&B, and the overall experience of staying in a place with a difference. Our room was an en-suite - clean, quite spacious, quiet. The view is nothing to talk about when getting back home but that is the price one pays for not getting the almost around the clock street noise in this area of Florence. The mattress in the bed was hard, which is our preference anyway (I mention it as some prefer soft matresses and they might feel disappointed). I did not experience any malicious intent on our host's side that has been mentioned in one of the reviews. Bruno admittedly does not speak English but the basic communication between him and the guests staying at thesame time as we were seemed to be without misunderstandings. When asked he indeed indicated that he preferred payment in cash but offered both methods and the card payment went through without a glitch. The breakfast is simple but the same I can say of other places where we stayed in Italy. The living room is large, open space and inviting. There is an air of datedness in the shower room but it was very clean (the cleaning lady worked quite hard every day while we were there). Overall, if you want to stay centrally, in a real Florentine flat and getbasic but very friendly service, recommendations on whatever you ask from the host, I recommend this guesthouse.

Room Tip: En-suite is a must, No. 6 is one of them. It was relative quiet as the windows open on a lichthof bu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at Badia Fiorentina with my family in mid-september. I live in Italy but it was my parents first visit and Badia Fiorentina exceeded theirs(and my) expectations. The location is perfect, the facilities are basic but charming, and Bruno is by far one of the greatest Italians I've ever had the pleasure to encounter. He's the perfect host, who goes above and beyond to ensure you have a comfortable stay, whether you need directions, tour information, lookout points or restaurant recommendations. He also helped me with car rental info and we shared many chats in italiano about Firenze, travels, and art. (Side note: Some of the paintings in the B&B are his! Ask about them and he will show you with great pride!) I will absolutely stay again and highly recommend to anyone looking for a place in Firenze.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed int the Badia Florentina Guesthouse September 2012. The location was wonderful, so close to the Ufici Museum and Academia, and easy access to the Train Station. Bruno was so warm and hospitable and our room was clean, spacious, and charming. Bruno was always available to answer questions and he put up with our limited Italian skills. He directed us to the Panella Ristorante on the same street where I think I had the best Special Soup I've had. We stayed in the room featured on this website. We would return because we felt at home, close to all and very welcomed to Florence by Bruno, Frank and Lesllie

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were staying in an apartment in Florence but it wasn't available our last night. Our landlady recommended this B&B and she did us a solid. First and foremost, one of the nicest parts of our Tuscany trip was meeting Bruno, the charming and helpful proprietor. He is an artist and the B&B is full of his wonderful paintings. We chatted about Dante, about the countryside, about life as we know it. What fun! Bruno told us where we could drink coffee and get a great view of the city at a nearby department store. His daughter lent us an alarm clock and even set it for us. The room with private bath was small but clean, comfortable, quiet and tastefully furnished, with a number of Bruno's paintings. It had a great feature--a separate windowed alcove with doors that closed and a small table so that if one of us wanted to stay up late, we did not bother the sleeper. The location cannot be beat--steps from the Dante museum and a block or so from the Duomo.

Room Tip: I recommend the room we stayed in with the separate alcove.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Badia Fiorentina Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!