“Perfect place to stay in Florence” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #79 of 522 Florence B&B and Inns
Johnstone, Scotland
“Perfect place to stay in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Went with a friend on our first trip to Florence - couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Its situated between the Duomo and Piazza della Signoria. Bruno is a perfect host and made us feel very welcome. The rooms are clean and the decor in the house is beautiful. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Florence and would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lucca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Badia Fiorentina is one of my favourite reasons to visit Florence! The rooms are clean and airy, prices good. But most importantly I feel at home here. I have just had my third stay at Badia Fiorentina, and I each time I feel just as welcome. Its quiet, centrally located between the Duomo and lovely Piazza della Signoria, with wonderful restaurants, shops, and sights within walking distance. 10 mins on foot from the train station (SMN) or if you have too much luggage, a taxi is not expensive.
Bruno knows his home city so well, recommendations for things to do, places to eat and 'how tops' come as part of the package if required. Nothing is a problem, and management will go out of their way to assist if you need something. Its a wonderful place for solo travellers, or for those who like to chat to others over a house made coffee at breakfast. Delightful....better than home!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed here recently. Very nice place in a great location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Stayed 4 nights with 8 family members and friends. Management made us feel like home. This was our third trip to Florence, management gave us recommendations not in the guide books and not discovered on previous trips, making suggestions for 3 late teenage girls to go to a pharmacy museum, which they loved. One night when we were all tired with pouring rain outside, we picked up food for a picnic supper. Management gave us the dining room, added some more food to our feast and cleaned up after us!!! Since there is already a Rick Steves' listed B&B in the building, this hotel can't be added as a Rick Steves recommendation. Some of us did stay in the Rick Steves listed DeiMori one night. It was very nice, but the management of Badia Florentina really made our stay in Florence delightful. Thank you.

Room Tip: All the rooms very quiet and had available AC for a little extra.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sagle, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Although it has been 6 months since my trip to Italy I still remember this beautiful and comfortable B&B. I do not write many recommendations but the memory of how helpful and kind Bruno, the host, is inspired me to write this review. Yes, the location was perfect for me near the wonderful museums, Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo and more! I was traveling by myself and found it easy to be in this area. It was safe and Bruno's recommendations for fantastic food were nearby. My room was so sweet with the large bathroom, just for me, across the hall. Everything was sparkling clean. It was quiet but you have the chance to meet other travelers at breakfast where we all ate at a large table. A favorite memory is walking two blocks down the street to an ancient cathedral where a classical concert took place. The sound was fabulous! I look forward to returning to Bruno's on my next journey to Italy.
Diane Scott

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
badiafiorentina, Proprietario at Badia Fiorentina Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Hello dear Diane,
thanks for your review, it made ​​me very happy to read it.
I'm glad I helped to make your memory of Florence so special and I hope you is still the desire to come back and visit us. I wish you a Merry Christmas and happy New Year. Bruno
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Our entire wedding party stayed here in October and loved it! Bruno treated us like family and introduced us to a dessert wine/liqueur in which you must dip biscotti into = lovely!! We will be staying here again should we return to Florence in the future.

The location is perfect too, very central to everything = especially shopping and restaurants.

I would highly recommend staying here!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We couldn't have wished for a better B&B than the Badia Fiorentina for our short stay in Florence. Centrally located and very clean. We were initially unsure about having a separate private shower and WC room across the landing from our bedroom, instead of an ensuite, but this was no problem at all. The proprietor (Bruno) was exceptionally friendly and helpful, always happy to make recommendations for our itinerary whilst also giving some useful tips to improve our italian.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Badia Fiorentina Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!