“Best little cafe in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #781 of 1,969 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Hahnbach, Bayern, Germany
“Best little cafe in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Cant say enough about this place. Its a great little family run cafe. Giovanni and Gino run a little cafe thats not overpriced in an area thats normally a tourist trap. They have wonderful pastries, canolis and sandwiches. Their price for a glass of vino bianco was the best I have ever encountered.

Stop here to make your trip to Florence and the Duomo memorable! (Just be wary of the toilette facilities... its like a trip to mid evil dungeon

• Visited May 2013

Sacramento, California
“Dini Caffe Via Parione. FANTASTICO!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have to figure out how to review the OTHER Dini Caffe. I'm sure this one is equally as fabulous, as it's in the FAMILIA, but this review is for the one on Via Parione, I believe 42 is the actual address. It's on the corner of Via Parione, and Via Parioncino. Just a block down from Tiffany's, but so much more approachable than that snooty block!!
I love this cafe. The people who own it are incredibly sweet, funny and warm. Vincenzo makes THE best cappuccino in Firenze! We stayed in an apartment around the corner from this cafe, and found their food to be not only fresh and flavorful but also changing daily, as Elena ( Vincenzos wonderful wife), makes all the food there. Beautiful pasta salads, paninis, lasagnas, oy...my mouth is watering!!
Small, quaint, non- assuming little cafe, but after 15 days, second trip to Italy - this is THE place, and these are THE people I remember and miss!! Lovely. Just wonderful and lovely. Silly, warm and made me feel like I lived there. And I still WANT TO!! Ask Vincenzo if he will do a personal tour for you, he knows the area, and is a great resource. I wish I could give TEN STARS!!

Kingston
“Great Place for a Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

We discovered Caffe Vittoria in 2004 on our third trip to Florence, when we finally slowed down a bit in our explorations of this beautiful city. This is a very small and unassuming place that could be easily missed, but is really worth the stop for a simple, good quality, inexpensive lunch or at the very least a cappuccino break. The square around the Duomo and the Baptistry is always crowded with tourists, and just a short walk away, at this little cafe, the street is quiet. Giovanni, who is in charge is very energetic, and the first time we stopped here, we were just walking past on our way to another tourist attraction. Friendly Giovanni was at the door, and we just couldn't resist going in.

We were in Florence again in April 2009, revisiting some of our favourite places, and made a point of stopping in. This time we had a panini lunch. Giovanni and his staff do not speak a lot of English, but it doesn't matter here. If you are interested in mingling with friendly locals, this is a great stop. We noticed that some previous patrons had posted messages on the wall, so we are by no means the first to discover this place. Nothing fancy, and nothing pricey. Just good food and some friendly Italians.

lincolnshire
“pit stop BAR VITTORIA (via Proconsolo 34/36)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Good little family run bar near ll duomo. Good selection of snacks, drinks and ices Good prices considering how near it is to Il Duomo