I spent one night at Il Cielo--the first night of a fifteen-day sojourn in Italy. Because of an airline snafu, I arrived six hours after I said I would. I had no way to communicate with the hotel and, at six-thirty, found the door locked. (They had urged me to let them know when I would arrive.) The man in the little shop next door telephoned them, and the host (GianCarlo, I think) said he had waited all day, but would now return as swiftly as he could. I didn't have to wait long. He was quick to reassure me that my tardiness was not a big problem, and then obligingly carried my suitcase to the top floor and showed me into a very clean, quiet room. Il Cielo is very conveniently situated near the Santa Maria Novella train station. It is quiet and lovely. The breakfast the host served the next morning suggested that all kinds of attention had been paid to details; it even included a fresh homemade cheesecake. The hotel is small, which I enjoyed. I think there are only three rooms. The one caveat--something the hotel itself can do nothing about--is the fairly narrow and steep stairway. For youthful travelers, and spry ones, probably no problem. Bifocals and an occasionally unsteady step might make the going up and coming down a little bit tricky. A wonderful place to stay! (Yes, the bathroom situation could be a bit complicated, but I, like 2013 Travel_Companion, found I did not have to wait. In fact, the host offered me the exclusive use of the further bathroom, so that the guests in the other occupied room and I would each have essentially a "private" bathroom.) Again, a wonderful place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il Cielo (The Sky) is a small B&B in the heart of Florence, within its limits, tries to live up to the host city. Art, beauty, detail, quality and friendliness are the elements that we decided to employ this "crop of Sky" because a good sleep and a good breakfast is not enough ...Il Cielo è un piccolo B&B nel cuore di Firenze che, entro i suoi limiti, cerca di essere all'altezza della città che lo ospita. L'arte, la bellezza, i dettagli, la qualità e la cortesia sono gli elementi che abbiamo deciso di impiegare in questo "ritaglio di Cielo", perché un buon sonno ed una buona colazione non bastano... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your B&B Il Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast Il Cielo
- b&b Il Cielo Hotel Florence