“A MUST stay when in Florence” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
€38 (EUR)
Ranked #58 of 521 Florence B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“A MUST stay when in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

2 friends and I stayed here for 3 nights in February. I am so glad this is where we stayed, if I come back to Florence I will definitely be staying here. The apartment is beautiful and the young couple that run it were extremely welcoming and definitely made you feel at home. On arrival they gave us a history of Venice, explained where to eat, how to get around and anything else you could think of! They also told us places to eat that locals go to which was much appreciated. The room was very big for a room in Europe and the bathroom always clean. We were free to use the kitchen whenever we liked and were provided with breakfast each day. The owners have a cute dog and you could tell they were hard workers and have learnt to provide just what tourists need. It was almost like you were living in their house, without it being a B&B. The apartment is located on the other side of the river to the main attractions, but as it is right on the water with spectacular views everything is within walking distance. I would highly recommend staying here whether you are travelling with friends or a family. Staying here really was a highlight of our Italian experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked the room that sleeps 5 for a weekend away and were worried that we would be cramped. We were very wrong. The room was extremely spacious with a small living area. Nice, clean private bathroom. Great coffee maker. Incredible location and views. And the staff were the icing on the cake - so incredibly kind and helpful - full of great suggestions! Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
boulder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great Tripadvisor reviews led me to seek out a booking at this B&B and it didn't disappoint. It meant a lot to me to have a good experience since this was my first trip to Europe ever! There are only 3 rooms in the B&B so it felt safe, quiet and also private. The hostess is only on site there in the morning (approx. 8:30-11am). If you need special timing accomodations, just let her know ahead of time. The location of the B&B on Lungarno Torrigiani was great. I walked everywhere without a problem but I was able to sleep better since that side of the river is less busy than the city center on the other side.
At check-in the hostess gave me a very helpful map of Florence and walked me through it - where we were situated vs the key points like the David, the Old Bridge, the Duomo, etc. Welcome to Florence that definitely says.
I loved the bottle of local chianti waiting in my room! I was in room 1 facing the river, so I had great views across to the city center.
The accompanying bathroom was small and the shower was a tight fit, but I made it work. Maybe that's why there are so many shower heads available?
Be prepared to trek your bags from the ground to 3rd floors.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a great view! But it's bathroom is separate and right near the check-in desk.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

"Il magnifico" is located in a very nice building in a lovely little park. Central location, beautiful neighbourhood at the river. Leticia and Alain welcomed us very warmly in their B&B with a personal touch - a clean and beautiful place which made us feel at home instantly. Nothing more to wish for - an exceptional choice to stay in Florence if you can't afford an expensive glossy place!! Also if you are travelling with children, I would greatly recommend this place. All but complicated, with a great heart for kids and animals! I feel very grateful and would always come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Maidenhead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Staying here has been a great experience, we was greeted superbly well and a full brief was given to us about the hotel and the best things to do and see in the city, I really liked the tips they gave us for places to eat as eating out in Florence can be quite expensive, so we was lucky to be able to eat in places where it wasn't so expensive but the food was really top quality. The hotel kept at a high standard and so is the service, the stuff is friendly and the location is great for sight seeing. Definitely a place that I recommend staying.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a little bit of trouble finding the place - which is just next to Ponte alle Grazie and is situated inside a park (it was raining so it was kind of hard to navigate). Alan greeted us warmly even though we were a bit late, and gave us a thorough introduction of the area and pointed out good restaurants to go, which were all amazing.
There are quite a few stairs but less than I expected from reading the comments off others.
Breakfast again was simple but serve in the room, which was very convenient, the coffee machine was amazing even though I only used it for hot chocolate!
We were allocated our own bathroom (which was NOT en suite, but we knew that so it was ok) very clean and nice.
Our room was very spacious, they even added a bed for us and there were still plenty of room left.
Alan and Letizia are extremely helpful, even helped me print off last minute documents for museums immediately before we leave in the morning.
The hostel is extremly close to attractions as Florence isn't a big city anyway, the SMN station is only half an hour's walk (about 10-15 minutes by bus), which was about the furthest attraction away!
The only slightly bad thing was the room isn't very sound proof so we could hear next door going out and our own door creak loudly too whenever we open it - but this is a very minor problem.
Me and my friends enjoyed our stay there immensely and if we ever go back to Florence we will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: the rooms to the left of the B&B has the best view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

You will not find a better place to stay in Florence! The owners of this B&B are extremely nice and they will really take all the time you want to help you get settled in. I have spent the last 3 months exploring Europe via Hostels and B&B's and this has been my favorite out of all of them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Il Magnifico B&B? Share your experiences!