“Marcella is a fantastic host!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Rabatti

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
Casa Rabatti
You added Casa Rabatti to your Saves list
48 Via San Zanobi, Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #67 of 522 Florence B&B and Inns
Aurora, Illinois
“Marcella is a fantastic host!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

We don't often stay at a place like this, but the prices in Florence were so high that it forced us to do something a little different. While I didn't like sharing a bathroom and there is no breakfast, the location was good, the room was clean and the price (54 Euros) was right. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed Marcella. She is wonderful. Somehow she gets buy with just a few English words and after a few days you feel like she is an old family friend. I would stay there again and I would encourage others to try it.

Room Tip: Get the room with the bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Marcella is a sweet hostess, but Casa Rabatti is very, very, very low budget. The place is clean enough, but it is absolutely zero frills at all. For 20€ more, we are in Rome with a much larger room, cleaner, private bath and homemade pastries for breakfast (Bibi e Romeo's Home, near Vatican). We paid almost 10€ for breakfast, so the savings didn't really pay with Casa Rabatti. The bed was 2 twins pushed together and very old and uncomfortable. I think Rick Steves oversells this one. Also, Marcella seemed very nosy or untrusting. It made us a little uncomfortable. And you can hear ev.er.y.thing in the bathroom from the room. I hate to sound so negative, but feel the other reviews glossed over the negatives. If you're looking for a low cost first, comfort second, this is the place. But the other b&b's we stayed at in Italy were of much better value for only a few euros more.

Room Tip: Avoid the shared bathroom if at all possible. Also, she never put out a full roll of toilet paper. L...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed two nights and simply loved it. Marcella treats all her guests like family. If I ever get to return, I wouldn't stay anywnere else.

Room Tip: Even the rooms on the street side are quiet with double paned windows.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

A friend and I stayed at Casa Rabatti this past September for 3 nights. Marcella put us in the big 4 bed family room so it was great to have all the extra room. Her daughter brought us water when we arrived which was so nice after the 5 hour train ride we had just taken. Everything was very clean, including the shared bathroom. It was fun to talk with Marcella...even with her limited English and my limited Italian we had some laughs! The location is great, less than a 10 minute walk from the train station and only a few blocks from the Mercato Centrale. We really enjoyed our stay with Marcella and I'll most definitely stay here again when I return to Florence!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed for 6 nights in August 2011. Marcella was everything we could have asked for, cheerful, helpful, and knowledgeable. The room, bathroom, etc. were very clean and comfortable. Most sights were no more than a 10-minute walk , with plenty of restaurants, grocery stores, and coffee shops nearby. Free internet worked great. Marcella was able to call and make museum reservations for the same day, although the website said they were fully booked. We used her fridge to store fruits and snacks, and she willingly lent us plates & cutlery. The place is located on a quiet residential street.

I wish every place we visit had a Marcella we could stay with! Thanks to Rick Steves for his recommendation...we have never gone wrong using his guides!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

The room was so beautiful and clean. Marcella was such a sweetheart and so helpful. Free Wifi. Shared bathroom clean and spacious. Great location! Only 4-5 blocks to duomo and museums not to mention the best Gelato in town Grom. Two blocks from the train station. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
San
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

My daugthers and I strayed at Casa Rabatti for 4 nights. It was an outstanding experience.
We stayed there based on Rick Steves' recomentation and he was spot-on. Marcella was vivacious, very helpful pointing us in the right direction to accomplish our daily tour plans, and I feel she will be a friend for life. We talked morning and evening, getting by with my native Spanish and beginner's Italian as well as her limited English.
Everything was clean, end the house was in a very convenient location, easy to get to Uffizi and Accademia.
Next time when I go back with my whole family, we absolutely will be staying with Marcella.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Casa Rabatti? Share your experiences!