I have never felt compelled to write a review before-positive or negative. But Edo Celia and Jennifer gave us such an amazing stay that I wanted to share it. This stay was the highlight of our honeymoon.
First of all, the location is perfect. Just a couple of kilometers from the train station do getting into and out of town couldn't be easier. And it's less than a 10 minute bus ride or a 8 euro taxi ride to the historic district, so it's especially convenient to sight see.
But what made staying here so special were the hosts. When we arrived, Edo (who opened early for us because we arrived very early) immediately walked us around the neighborhood introducing us to shop owners and local businesses. Listen to all of his recommendations! What a wonderful personal touch. He then wrote down on a map the way to get around and the places/things to see and do. It was invaluable as we explored the city. As a native florentine He really knows the city.
Edo and his wife wouldn't rest unless we had everything we needed. On our first day he brought us homemade antipasti. Every morning they offered us fresh squeezed juice. They went out of their way to make sure we were happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CHARMING GUESTHOUSE WITH GARDEN IN THE CENTRE OF FLORENCE, HAVE A LOOK AT THE PICTURES AND SEND US A E MAIL TO CHECK THE AVAILABILITY!!!!Edo and Celia are delighted to welcome you in their typical tuscan home recenlty renovated and is situated close to the historical center of florence. This brend new guest house typical italian style, offers its guests warm and elegant hospitality at very advantageous prices, just few steps away from the town center. The building has been completely renovated strictly following the rules of tuscan old craft’s style and Its charme can be recognized in the red tuscan tiles, the pietra serena staircase, and the intimate walled garden. The bedrooms, furnished in delicate pastel colours, terracotta tilling, and the original doors, are all euqipped with en-suite bathrooms, Colour Tv, Wi-fi internet acces, and full bath & bedlinen’s set. Edo and celia will be glad to inform guests about monuments, sites of interest and florence surroundings, as well as on the schedule of all events exhibitons, shows and concerts. “Giglio d’oro” as your own private home in florence, gives you the freedom of come and go 24 hours a day. Please inform us on your arrival time and will be glad to welcome you and leave you both the room and the front door key. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Il Giglio d'Oro B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Giglio d`Oro Hotel Florence
- Il Giglio d`Oro Bed And Breakfast