“Very Special B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Giglio d'Oro B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
Il Giglio d'Oro B & B
Via Antonio Pacinotti, 11, Florence, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #5 of 498 Florence B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Special B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Giglio d'Oro , had a fantastic time.
Great location, just a few minutes from the centre of Florence, Edo and his Wife are lovely people, very welcoming, very helpful,felt like i was at a family home.
Edo helped us find our way around Florence, was great.
The room was awesome, very spacious,clean ,quite, with the beautiful view of the backyard.
We even had dinner with Edo,Celia and litle Jennifer on the last night at one of their friends restaurant. (one of the highlights of my 2 weeks in Italy)
Amazing spot, strongly sugest to anyone visiting Florence.
Ciao

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Lisa and I went to Florence for my 30th birthday and were greeted by Edo, Celia and baby Jennifer late due to a silly train strike in Rome. We arrived to a bottle of Prosecco and smiling faces. Edo gave us a tour of the surrounding area, as well as showing us where the locals eat. We stayed in the garden room out back and it was beautiful. Anything we needed Edo would have provided; it was absolutely over the top and outstanding. We wish we were there longer and would recommended in a heartbeat staying at this incredible bed and breakfast. The epitome of Florence hospitality!
We would go back there each and every time.

Room Tip: The garden room out back had a double bed and its own bathroom. It was very secluded, quiet and pea...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Edo is a perfect host. Warm Welcoming and Helpful. He guided us to a great restaurant on our first evening out. Booked our tours and helped us with our transport needs. We enjoyed our time there and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We were very lucky to have stayed with edo, celia and Jennifer for our stay in florence. Unfortunately our luggage was stolen on the train to florence which meant my partner and I had nothing. First night in edo cheered us up with his warm welcome. He offered us clothing, food and anything that we needed throughout our time in florence. The location is in a nice neighbourhood connected to all the major sights via bus ( which stops outside the house) and all the restaurants close by were great. The rooms itself are spacious, clean and nicely decorated. We had the room Facing the courtyard and it was dead quiet throughout the night. This bandb was our home away from home and we even extended our stay 2 nights to do day trips to siena/Pisa (which are great). Cannot say thanks enough for the kind hospitality offered by edo and his family.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one week and from the moment I arrived Edo, Celia and baby Jennifer welcomed me like an old friend! I loved my time here. My room was quaintly decorated, very clean and very comfortable. It had everything I needed. As it was November the heating was on morning and evening so I never felt the cold.
Edo and Celia were very helpful, generous and kind. Anything they could do to make my stay more enjoyable they did enthusiastically. They are fabulous hosts and when I return to Florence this is most definitely where I will stay!

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Edo is a great host. He helped orient us to Florence, and met all of our housing needs, even upgrading our room when their was a vacancy as we arrived. Very glad to be there and look forward to returning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Edo, Celia and their toddler Jennifer, make this Florence guest house a lively and enchanting place to stay. You are treated as though you are returning favored friends or relatives, always greeted with a sincere smile. Edo's advice was most helpful and quite valuable, whether it was where to buy a necessity, catch the right bus to the part of this beautiful city you wish to explore, or find a parking spot for our rental car, he knows the best answer to make your stay more pleasant and easy. My son and his wife, my wife and I spent 9 days at Il Giglio D'Oro and I wish I could have stayed twice as long. There may be other nice places with pretty rooms that one can stay at, but the family running this guest house separates it from all the others.

Room Tip: the rear rooms will be quieter, if that is an inportant factor for you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Il Giglio d'Oro B & B? Share your experiences!