“Great Tuscan Food” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Tuscan Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My Florentine friend took me here for a final lunch, and we had a good time, ordering a nice primo piatto of ravioli with spinach, ricotta and a carcioffi salsa. The real reason why you come to such a place however is to try the infamous bistecca alla fiorentina, the t-bone steak, cooked bloody over a wood fire oven. It didn't disappoint, and was sufficient for the both of us. We continued to eat, trying the zuppa inglese for desert, which was one of the best that I have tried. Price is a little on the more expensive side if you order the bistecca and other things, but for a once in a life time thing, I have no regrets.

• Visited October 2013

Florence, Italy
“Good Tuscan food but overpriced for foreigners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

For two people, we split a soggy crostini dish; one of us had a small fillet and the other a pasta dish; one of us had a pear for dessert. With mediocre wine we paid over 85 Euro. I've been there with Italians before and got much more for less. In short, go with someone local or be prepared to be overcharged. Food is very good quality, except for antipasti.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florence, Italy
“Go for the Bistecca Fiorentina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate here for my anniversary and we really enjoyed it. We both live in Florence and are always on the lookout for new places, especially for dinner and this was a recommendation from a friend. The place itself is very rustic, style of an old trattoria and I really like that. The waiters were very nice and helpfuly and treated us continuously with excellent service.

We both got the option of the cold buffet as an antipasto, then treated ourselves to a very succulent bistecca fiorentina ( Florentine steak) which was cooked perfectly and really tasty. We got two sides - fried zucchini & white beans, dessert ( panna cotta) half liter of house wine and water.

For two people we paid about a 100 euros, the only negative point is the very overly-expensive coperto ( 3 euros a person... - I have never seen in such a trattoria) and water was costly. If these two things cost a little less, we would eat here all of the time because the food is quite good.

Perfect for a special occasion.. enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
central florida
“One of the best meals of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

It really was. The antipasta was to die for and the gnoochi the best ever. The wine was wonderful and our waiter helped us translate the menu without being impatient. They all treated us like special family. We were important to them and you could tell.

It was an 18.50euro taxi ride each way and I would pay it again and again just to eat here over and over. How can I impress upon you the need to go here? I would say it is medically necessary for you to ingest this food. It was the best.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great antipasti”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly service and huge choice of antipasti. Full of local people. The steak had slightly to much bone for my taste. Very friendly family run business (since more than 35 years). Credit cards excepted.