“A long Florence weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Calimaruzza, 1, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #24 of 553 Florence B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
“A long Florence weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend visit to Florence. The location of the B&B could not be better. It is less than a block from the Palazzo Vecchio, five minutes from the Duomo and 15 minutes from the train station. Every attraction in Florence is an easy walk from here.
The owner, Luciano, gave us the best service I have ever received during a stay anywhere. He contacted me with information after the booking was made, a rare thing for most hotels these days, and provided all needed information on getting there. He greeted us at the door and helped with the luggage. This is the point where customer service really took over.
When asked for my passport for check in, I realized I had left my travel bag in the taxi that brought us from the airport. This had everything I needed in it: passport, wallet, high value electronics, etc. Despite my anguish, Luciano said he would take care of it. Within fifteen minutes of realizing my error, he had retrieved the bag for me and returned it. After checkout, we realized we had left several high value items in the safe in the room. Once again, Luciano came to our rescue and is sending the things back to us.
There was always someone there to make us coffee in the morning and breakfast was neatly laid out and waiting.
This B&B has gone the extra mile to keep the customer happy and I highly recommend staying there if you visit Florence.

Room Tip: The last apartment in the hallway is large and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Right in the heart of Florence, the most welcoming host I ever had. Luciano makes you feel like at home. In fact you get the key to all your doors and up to you how you spend your time. The breakfast was lovely, nothing extraordinary, but enough to keep you till late lunch. This was really the perfect stay in the very heart of beautiful city of Florence! I am very happy I made this choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

La Signoria is in the middle of Florence! Perfectly located for mid-afternoon nap after a culture-filled day. Breakfast was basic, and the cappuccino excellent. It hardly matter what museum or church we visited, it always seemed that we were only two blocks away from our B&B. The rooms are located on the first floor, that is the second floor when translating Euro speak. Proprietors were helpful, hospitable, and yes, handsome--and perfectly accurate on their good recommendations for dinner!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The location is prefect, minutes of walk to all attractions, owner was very friendly and helpful, our room was in great condition and very clean. Wifi was great too. Cheaper than staying in a hotel but better experience. Enjoyed my stay very much and would recommend it to everyone else.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This B&B is as centrally located as you can get, you walk everywhere. We stayed in a family room, which is really two rooms with a hallway and bathroom in between. The rooms are large and the beds ok, while I would much rather have had duvets than the flat sheets and blankets that were offered. The only real draw back was that music kept the kids awake from about 3 at night. Not sure if this is only on weekends, when we stayed, but it really annoyed our teenagers. Reception staff are excellent and very helpful. The dinner recommendations were excellent and we had the best food of our holiday going to Trattoria Marione. Be aware that there are several flights of stairs and no lift - which is what you better get used to if you want to stay centrally in old Italian cities. Breakfast was the usual Italian fare of sweet cakes and biscuits. They had nice coffe and some yoghurt as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Pros:
Great location
Spacious, beautiful modern & clean rooms
Friendly staff
Delicious breakfast
Great price
Wi-fi included
10 minute walk to all the most visited spots in Firenze including the train station.
Private own bathroom with a small European hair dryer. (I'm somewhat like Carrie Bradshaw, so a hair dryer is important for me).

Cons:
It's a bit hidden (even though it's in the center of everything in Firenze). Just look for the Chanel store and it's on the middle of the block at Via Calimaruzza with a small golden flat sign.

The building dates from the 1400's, so there's no elevator and it's on the 3rd floor. Help to carry the luggage can be provided if available.

I feel a little guilty of writing the cons because Luciana & Luciano (the hotel managers) were AMAZINGLY friendly and this B&B is really a great experience. But you'll have some trouble if you're traveling with someone that requires the use of a wheelchair or a stroller. Basically, that's it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

It is just half a block from the Piazza della Signoria, which is an excellent location, I got to walk everywhere.
It is a charming B&B, very clean, spacious and looks better in person than in the pictures. I stayed in the Cellini double room although I was traveling alone as I wanted to treat myself.
Luciano and Luciana are wonderful hosts!
Both welcoming and friendly and Luciano made great eating recommendations (none touristy which is what i like) that I enjoyed very much.
I stayed 3 days, and it was just a wonderful experience!
I'd love to come back to Florence and stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Signoria di Firenze B&B? Share your experiences!