“Perfect for couples” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BBH Bed and Bed House Firenze

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
BBH Bed and Bed House Firenze
Certificate of Excellence 2014
São Paulo
“Perfect for couples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We loved the stay. The room is clean, comfortable, the street was very silent to sleep. 5 minutes walking to the train station (sta novella) and 10 minutes to the Duomo. We arrived 10 p.m. and Silvia was very nice, showing us the main points, places to eat and the firenze pass. The good stay at the B&B helped the stay at Firenze be excellent. The only bad thing was the small space to take a shower (at the Green Room).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I booked this B&B based on the reviews it got. It was very easy arranging everything by email; however, you did need to arrange an appointment time for when to meet with her at the B&B. So, if you are delayed or are not on a specific schedule, this could be hard (of course, I didn't have a cell phone either). Note that despite being a B&B, there is no breakfast included.

The room itself was lovely, clean and modern. I was also very happy with them because in the end, she was very accommodating - I had to change my schedule fairly last minute as my friend was coming to visit me in Florence. She put me in a larger room for the same price! Location wise, this is more at the edge of what would be considered central location but it was an easy walk to all the sights.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Silvia has created a classy 4-room guesthouse in a convenient section of Florence. You can walk to all attractions, although it's not in the more pricey old city. My room and attached bath was spotlessly clean, and was decorated with taste - in an understated fashion. Silvia was there waiting for me when I arrived and when my computer didn't "read" the wireless internet connection properly (the fault of my computer, not her system), she stayed with me until we together got it arranged. She gave me a map and a wonderful tip for a day trip to Lucca, which I enjoyed thoroughly. The BBH is a good value place to stay in Florence.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and it was a pleasant thing that you always go back to a place that feel welcoming. The place has only 4 rooms, and they are divided according to colors each room is themed. Briiliant idea! The location is central and you practically in easy walking distance to everywhere. A short walk and you're already in the oltrarno where all the nice and less touristy trattorias are. Silvia has done a GREAT job and she is such a great host, a pleasant and warm person just to be with. Silvia, I hope I didn't surprise you too much with my italian.
All in all, I can't express good enough how great my stay was. Thanks Silvia!

• Stayed October 2011
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I travelled for about 3 weeks throughout Italy, I must say that BBH Florence is one of the best places I've stayed in. The location is fantastic, as everyone has said, and the room itself is tastefully decorated. Very simple, very cosy. Florence is an amazing city, and I think staying at BBH made my holiday there that extra special.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We booked this B&B based on the Tripadvisor reviews - we were happy with it, but there were some small negatives that I'll mention for thoroughness sake.

When we arrived, we received a wonderful warm welcome and found ourselves on the 2nd floor of a older building. The B&B feels like one big apartment that been divided up, so one long hallway connects 4 rooms. Our room was Orange - one of the smaller ones, but for two people it was easy to maneuvre (we weren't spending that much time in it anyway).

The neatest perk is the decor - trendy, colourful and carefully arranged. I think that is what drew me to the BBH in the first place. Unfortunately, I found it dimly lit - dimmer than the photos would suggest. We had spotty (almost nil) internet connection, which isn't a big deal unless you are trying to check up on flights and trains. Lastly, though the BBH smelled lovely and was quite clean, our bathroom would emit mild sewage like smells - I couldn't tell where it was coming from, so I just closed the door to the bathroom and ignored it. I'm not sure if our room was an exception, or perhaps management has looked into it (it's been a year).

BBH is near the main train station. Convenient for us since we trained in from Rome and out towards Pisa. It is also reasonably close to the main sites. We walked everywhere - to Ponte Vecchio, the Uffizi, the Duomo, the Accademia. It was nice to take in the sights and sounds while stuffing our faces with gelato! An extra bonus is Sostanza is a few steps away - a little family restaurant celebrated for it's artichoke pastry and bistecca!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

My wife and me had the pleasure of staying in BBH from 5-10 Apr 11. The property is located a short walk from Firenze SMN train station and is easy to locate. When we reached BBH, Maria was there to welcome us. Maria made us feell welcome and gave us all the information needed for us to make our stay in Florence a pleasant one. We requested for additional pillows and Maria happily obligned. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and we had good night sleep throughout. It's a pity though that we did not get to meet Silva. As we rushed for an early check-out, I did not leave a thank you note, hence I feel to sign their praises here. All in all, we enjoy our stay tremendously in BBH. I would defintely recommend this B&B to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BBH Bed and Bed House Firenze? Share your experiences!