“Wonderful dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My fiance and I went here based on all the great reviews. It was so wonderful! It was full when we arrived and saw a table leaving. They turned it in less than 30 seconds and we were sitting! We enjoyed being the only tourists there that night!

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not what tourists might expect in Florence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We dined here on one of our last nights in Florence on a whim and had an excellent meal. It's a simple setup - no reservations (meant a 20 minute wait), 5 options for appetizer, main, side and wine for 13 euro each. We each had a wild boar pasta for starter, "wrapped beef" and another main, and salad/chick peas for side. Dessert was extra but was worth every penny. It's a family run establishment putting out good food, good service, and doing it right. Not to mention the house wine wasn't bad at all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auckland, New Zealand
“Why would you go anywhere else in Florence?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I'e reviewed Trattoria il Contadino on previous visits, but I feel that they deserve an updated review. On this visit I've had two weeks in Florence accompanied by my 18yo daughter. We came here several times during our stay. We did feel that we had to try other restaurants, but as my daughter said after every one of these meals "I can't wait to go back to OUR place" (meaning Contadino).
The fare is simple, on a limited blackboard menu but I have never had a bad dish. Each course is well sized so you can enjoy two courses (and even a Dolce) and the house wine is most acceptable (even at a much higher price it would stand up to a number of the house wines at other places).
The family who run it are so passionate about what they do: they tell me that Papa has been here since 1974, doing the same thing. Don't think that E13.50 fixed price menu will mean average food: this is excellent (albeit simple local recipes). The roast rabbit is particularly good, and the pastas are all great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Yummy food in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Went here tonight for dinner. They had a set menu cost where you picked a entree and main from a range of choices. I got spicy tomato pasta and beef for main and wifey got soup and rabbit for main. We opted for a desert each as well and the total came to 35euro.

Was freaking delicious! Go here!

McHenry, Illinois
“Lovely Local Ristorante”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

When I came to Florence in 1994 I ate here with my soon to be husband who I had also met in Florence. We had a wonderful reunion with Walter, the owner, and enjoyed the fixed menu which included swordfish and gnocchi. We ended the meal with cantucci and vin santo. My husband who used to live in the neighborhood was happy to see Walter's children, now grown, taking over the restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere