“Incredibly Handy for All Sights!” 5 of 5 stars

In centro - Magda
Via de' Servi 42, Florence Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #390 of 553 Florence B&B and Inns
Ashland, Oregon, United States
“Incredibly Handy for All Sights!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

This apartment is perfect for staying in Florence without a car. Located between the Duomo and the Accademia, we walked everywhere for a week. The building has an elevator for getting your bags to the apartment and then we just used the stairs. The owners checked in to make sure everything was fine. When the internet did not work one morning, it was fixed immediately. Lots of restaurants close by including a wonderful Pasticceria right downstairs. There were two of us, so having two bathrooms was very handy. We did not even need to use the upstairs, where there were additional beds.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We recently stayed at Magda, we being my two daughters ages 9 and 5, my two brothers and myself. The location is unbeatable, literally steps away from most everything that you want to see in the center of Florence. We only drove once and that was to leave the city for the day to go to Siena, the rest of the time we walked everywhere. Magda ( the owner of the apartment) has a deal with a garage very close to the apartment where you get a 2€ discount from the daily rate too.

The apartment is in the second floor of a nice building. There is an elevator but it seems its not used. Magda was kind enough to offer it when we were leaving so we could bring our luggage down. Which brings me to Magda. I never spoke with her but did exchange emails and every request or question was properly addressed in time and solved.

As for the property itself, it's a full 2 bedroom apartment with a extra loft where there are two smaller mattresses on raised wood structures. The ceilings are lovely, with traditional Florentine paintings in between the wood beams. The furniture is pretty basic with a couch covered by a throw blanket, a coffee table and 2 wicker chairs for what constitutes the living room; a large dining room table with a wall wooden wench on one side and a few chairs on the other; a nicely equipped kitchenette with fridge, range and small oven and utensils to prepare basic food. The rooms where nicely equipped but I do think that the loft is ideal for children or younger teenagers and not adults (the mattresses in the loft are somewhat smaller that a regular twin size bed) If it was my place I would probably update linens and towels but then again, I am extremely picky about things. It was a non issue with anyone else in our party. There are two full bathrooms and we never had an problem with hot water or water pressure. The heating of the place worked perfectly fine too. I saw AC units so I think that during the hot summers months that is a luxury you might want to have!
You are also steps away from a small and very well stocked supermarket and restaurants and gelaterias to fulfill any Italian craving you might have.
Overall a good place to stay and one I don't doubt recommending. Enjoy the magnificent city that is Florence!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to In centro - Magda? Share your experiences!