“Di-vino” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 322 Activities in Florence
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: We organize Tuscan wine tours such as Chianti Classico , Montalcino, San Gimignano and Montepulciano. We guarantee small groups tours guided by wine experts. You have also the chance to customize your day in the wine country according to your tastes and budget. For the curious type who want to learn a bit of viticulture and the wine making process, or beginners who want to learn to enjoy and appreciate the quality wines Italy and Wine provides wine tours that will be both informative and fun.
Singapore River, Singapore
“Di-vino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Well, just came back from the montepulciano wine tour with Fabian. Let me tell you these guys are passionate and knowledgeable(Italy and Wine) and it gets contagious at the end of it all. I have learned and seen more than what I have known about wines and the complicated process of wines than I had ever had. It is simply amazing and makes you appreciate what's on your wine glass,into what it truly is.. An Art Form. Thank you all

• Turkish first
Bellevue, Nebraska
“An amazing Tuscan tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I booked the Boutique Winery Tour and it was the highlight of our ten days in Italy. My husband is not a wine drinker, but loved every wine we tried! Vittorio, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable about wine and taught us how to truly evaluate and enjoy wine! Both of the wineries were in breathtaking locations and both of the owners took the time to share their love of the work they do. I cannot stress enough how much we enjoyed this tour! Thank you for an amazing memory!

Australia
“Fantastic Truffle and Wine Tour with Fabio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This tour was recommended to me by my sister who went in November 2013 and I have no problems passing on the recommendation. Fabio was an excellent guide and very knowledgeable about the general surrounds, wine, truffle, food and more. We felt so spoilt having our very own sommelier explain the different wines through our truffle lunch and at our wine tasting. But first- the truffles! what an enjoyable experience visiting Francesca's family villa and meeting Chioco our truffle dog. He did not disappoint us in finding our truffles for the day and the family villa is filled with history and amazing taxidermy. The food was also superb with wines from the estate and of course the freshest shaving of truffle onto our pasta! A minus point is for Vittorio who handled the booking- a system which needs improving on perhaps. I was advised initially that I could not do a tour on Thursday as the tour required a minimum of 4 to run and I had to suggest joining Saturdays which he agreed…but then there were only 3 of us. I suggest requesting for Fabio- our English speaking German born but totally fluent Italian guide and also if possible visiting Francesca's estate (though I hear the truffle lardo at the other place is remarkable!) 5 stars for you both!

Fresno
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited Florence, Rome, and then this wine region. This was the highlight of our trip!! Compared to the numerous wine tours we have done in California, this far exceeded them all! The private tour was well worth the price! Great selection of wines, great explanations, and absolutely delicious pairings. Thank you for an unforgettable experience!

Visited June 2014
Florence, Italy
“Amazing Tuscan Wine Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have spent the last month in Florence and traveling around Italy. One of my best days here was on Italy and Wine’s Chianti and Supertuscan wine tour. Hillary was our guide and she was outstanding. She promptly picked up my friend and I and a honeymooning couple on our tour at 9:30 AM.

From Piazza Cavalleggeri, we headed across the arno and headed up to Piazzale Michealangelo and Sal Minato al Monte. Hillary wanted to make a special stop at the church because of the honeymooners. Legend has it that lovers are blessed after being inside the church. We took a few moments to take in the views and take a few photos before continuing on to the first winery.

The first winery owned by Rodolpho was charming with elegant views of Tuscany. Here we tried various Chianti Classicos, two Supertuscan wines and a Vin Santo alongside some crostini, cheese and chocolate. Rodolpho gave us a tour around his home and up to the top of the tower. His home is elegantly decorated in his beautiful artwork. He even has frescos on some of his wine bottles that you can purchase! They are truly a unique souvenir.

After the first wine tour, we refueled at a small local restaurant in the countryside that Hillary had chosen for us. The food was phenomenal and Hillary answered all of our questions about wine and gave us her suggestions about shopping for wines and Florence in general. Her knowledge of wine and the industry was remarkable. Hillary catered the tour to our existing wine knowledge and was never dull. Most importantly, she was honest and genuine. She even circled a few of her Florence favorites on maps for us to make the rest of our trips in Florence enjoyable.

The second wine tour was at Le Filigare. The Filigare, right on the city lines of Florence and Siena, has connections back to Mona Lisa’s grandfather and is truly unforgettable. Here we got a personal tour of the wine cellar before tasting. We were able to visualize each step of the wine making process from grape to bottle and even saw women labeling and boxing the newest bottles of their “Pietro” wine. We tasted all of Le Filigare’s wines, Chianti Classicos of various blends. My favorite was the “Lorenzo” and the dessert wine “Vin Santo”. We also got to try a “Grappa di Vinsanto”, “Grappa di Chianti Classico” and “Chiantiac” (Chianti’s Cognac). They were all unique and smooth. Lastly, we tasted Le Filigare’s extra virgin olive oil, which was also excellent. I took home a Chianti Classico and a bottle of Vin Santo. At both wineries and from Hillary there was never pressure to purchase any of the wines. The lack of pressure to buy contributed greatly to the relaxing atmosphere.

After the last winery, we headed back to Florence comfortably after a long and enjoyable day of wine tasting. Although, I went on the tour with a pretty general knowledge of wine and wine tasting I felt like I learned so much more on the Italy and Wine tour. I cannot wait to go again and I would recommend it to anyone looking for that personal, one-of-a-kind experience! Also, be sure to ask for Hillary!

Visited June 2014