“A unforgettable day with the perfect guide!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 275 activities in Florence
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We organize Tuscan wine tours such as Chianti Classico , Montalcino, San Gimignano and Montepulciano. We guarantee small groups tours guided by wine experts. You have also the chance to customize your day in the wine country according to your tastes and budget. For the curious type who want to learn a bit of viticulture and the wine making process, or beginners who want to learn to enjoy and appreciate the quality wines Italy and Wine provides wine tours that will be both informative and fun.
Bradenton, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“A unforgettable day with the perfect guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My friend and I are in our 30s and wanted a wine tasting on our girls trip to Italy. We chose the Chianti Classico tour, and it proved to be an unforgettable experience! We traveled in February, which is the low season (best season in my opinion). When we arrived at the meeting point, Matteo met us and off we go...just the 3 of us!! After a beautiful drive with plenty of picture taking opportunities, we arrived at our first winery and our favorite- Chianti and Art. Here we were greeted by Rudolfo, who is not only a wine maker, but an artist, chef, and all-around amazing man! He showed us his grapes, his barrels...everything, then he welcomed us into his chateau (literally it was with a tower and all!) and gave us the grand tour. I can not wait to bring my husband back to stay in his villa or one of the private rooms...but back to the tour. We sat in his amazing kitchen while we sampled 6 of his wines, feasted on cheeses, meats, chocolate, breads, his homemade olive oil, and even homemade polenta! We both felt like we were long lost friends of both Rudolfo and Matteo! Rudolfo paints and his home (and wine bottles) are all works of art. After a lovely time with Rudolfo, we said our good byes (or "see you soon" for me), and went off to lunch. All along the way, Matteo, our guide, was full of fun knowledge, facts, humor and enthusiasm! Our last winery was an organic winery that also specialized in olive oil, cheeses, meats and honey...and it did not disappoint! After a tour of their wine making facility, we sat down to 4 wines, honey, meats and more! What a day!
Since I am an American living in Europe, I have had the opportunity to travel extensively, and this tour WITH MATTEO has been unforgettable. I have already planned to return with my husband to stay at Chianti and Wine with Rudolfo (who will also do painting classes, cooking demonstrations, etc), and will plan to spend another fabulous day with Matteo touring the beautiful Tuscan wineries! Thank you!

Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Best part about our Florence trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I don't even know where to begin. I went on this trip with my Fiance and his parents and it was the best time we had in Florence. Vittoria was very very knowledgeable about wine and he had a great and friendly personality. Before starting our trip he asked if we had seen the view from the Piazza de Michelangelo and although my Fiance and I had in our previous trip to Florence, his parents hadn't so Vittorio drove up there for a few minutes to take pictures. It was just as I remembered it -- breathtaking! We went to two fabulous wineries, and although we weren't big red wine drinkers, the wines were very tasty. I am recommending this tour to all of my friends and family, it's a must if you're visiting Florence!

Visited January 2013
“Unforgettable day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My partner and I booked this tour last minute and were the only two to show up due to low season, however the tour went on. Our guide Vittorio was very informative and approachable. We stopped at 3 winery's in total, one being a restaurant. The first Winery was the highlight of mine and my partners whole trip!! This was a private winery and we were welcomed into a traditional Tuscan kitchen and were shown 4 wines along with a desert wine and the most delicious Tuscan cheeses and meets. You will not go hungry. We highly recommend this trip as not only getting to indulge in lots of yummy food and drink lots of wine, we were able to see the most beautiful scenery and learn lots. It is worth the money 100% and if your Australian and love your reds this is perfect for you ;)

Visited January 2013
4 attraction reviews
“A Highlight of our tour of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I booked this tour for my 30th birthday while we were backpacking across Europe. We met up along with several others in a popular square in Florence, then Hillary, our tour guide took us to Piazzale Michelangelo for a scenic view of Florence. Next we went on a drive to the first vineyard, called Torre Alberghieri. It was a scenic medieval castle with vineyards, olive oil groves and fresh herbs/vegetables. There, we went through tasting 5 different wines from the vineyards. The owner/artists/Vinter also dabbles in culinary arts, and he made a fantastic ensemble of accompaniments to pair with the wines. We were so impressed that we bought 5 bottles of wine and had them shipped home to the states.

Afterwards, we stopped in the small town and had lunch at Cantinetta Sassolini. They had regional, seasonal specials there, and Hillary recommended certain dishes and wine. They even arranged for a birthday singing, and the waiter brought out a biscotti with whipped cream and a candle!

After lunch, we went to another castle, called Castello di Gabbiano. There, we got to have a tour of the castle, along with their cellars, which was pretty cool. We had another wine tasting and the ability to purchase some more wines.

I must say, the highlight of the tour was Hillary. She was passionate, knowledgeable, energetic and willing to answer any questions. She even pointed out some great places to shop in Florence for leather and other markets. As a sommelier, she knew her wines and really added life to the tour. It was a Birthday I will never forget and I’m glad we went with this tour.

Visited October 2012
Kincardine, Canada
“Perfect tour for a perfect honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Last Year while my wife and I were on our honeymoon we wanted to go on a wine tour while in Tuscany. We read a little bit about this one on Tripadvisor and since it was ranked well we decided to try it out. This being our first wine tour and not knowing much about wine we were both very excited to learn about Chianti Classico wines. Our Guide Hilary was extremely knowledgeable and made it fun and enjoyable to learn about the different types of wines. We visited two beautiful wineries and got to sample 8 different types in total as well as ate a ton of great food at both vineyards as well as the amazing lunch that was included. All in all a totally amazing experience and would definitely go again and recommend anyone that is in Florence to go on this tour. Can not say enough about Hilary and how great she was.

Visited October 2012