“Best tortellini I have ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Vancouver, Canada
“Best tortellini I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The atmosphere was unusual with the drawings of the naked ladies on the walls but the food was great. The servers didn't speak much english and it seemed like very authentic food. Our tour guide recommended it here and it didnt disappoint. The servers were friendly but we had a hard time communicating which made the experience that much more Italian.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Victoria, Canada
“Soul food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Neighbour gem, family run with the best pasta found in central Florence. Not fancy, but great food, very good service and a very fun place to dine. Very good value.

Visited October 2013
“A fun lunch in Florence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I cannot believe the bad reviews for this place! My wife and I (definitely not locals) had a great lunch here that was enhanced by the interplay between the staff. What looked to be Dad and Son took care of the whole room- arguing all the time about everything the other one did or didn't do. But not once did they ignore us or any of the other guests. The diners were a mix of locals and tourists, but all seemed to be enjoying the food and the scene. Food was typical Trattoria Italian with a good house red and decent coffee.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“If you are not Italian don't go to this restaurant!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went here because it looked like authentic Italian food. It is a family restaurant and the food was actually OK but they do not seem like they want to serve you if you are not Italian and they were rude and condescending, As the last few reviewers have written. I am pretty sure the owner/waiter was talking about us to the other Italian diners and mocking us. When I asked for cookies to go with the cappuccino we ordered he brought a bottle of vin santo to the table and a plate of cookies. When my husband stated that he didn't want any we were still billed for 2 vin santo. Really, I couldn't wait to get out of this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Don't even think about going there !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I learnt a very expensive lesson here , check trip advisor first . A truly dreadful atmosphere , an ignorant , arrogant , rude and totally unhelpful waiter who I think is the owner is overseen by a an equally and useless son . The food is served or should I say chucked at you . Any bread not eaten goes back to the watching son , who then reserves it to other diners . The food is expensive and portions are small .
Don't go there !!! You will not have an authentic Italian experience . What you will get is a longing to eat up , pay the extortionate bill and get the hell out of this crap house .
I do hope the owner reads this , but I doubt it ! Believe me the best thing to happen is that the place is demolished and rebuilt as a public toilet , because at least it would then have some purpose and charm !!!!

Visited September 2013