“Magnificent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #284 of 1,874 Restaurants in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Magnificent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel during our stay in Florence. It is not to be missed. We were greeted by a English speaking waiter who was both knowledgeable and entertaining. He took the time to explain the entire menu to us as well as select a wine. We both had the house special which was to die for. This was truly the meal we expected to have in Italy. We highly recommend this restaurant to all in search of an extraordinary meal. Enjoy....

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing service and even better food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The service was amazing, the specials and main dishes were all explained in English for us by the knowledgeable and personable waiter. This isn't just listing specials, this is explaining what meats/fishes are used and what sauces were used to complement them. The main dish Boneta Del Profeta is to die for, literally. Amazing!! The waiter was very knowledgeable in his wine recommendation. Make sure you leave room for dessert as was the icing on the cake of this wonderful dining experience. The restaurant was very lively, as you would expect for any Saturday night but not crowded and loud. Just perfect for a fun and enjoyable night out. We made a reservation beforehand using mytable.com and it was an amazing experience from start to finish, truly unforgettably amazing!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with MyTable.com

“The Best restaurant in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were in Italy for about 2 weeks and ate at so many great restaurants, this one topped the list. The Owner was so nice to us and you could see how much he loved his restaurant. The food was simply Amazing! we tries so many different things on the menu and everything was great. 100% recommend this restaurant. There are a bunch a great restaurants in Florence but Il Profeta is a cant miss.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
USA
“The food was good and Claudio made this great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The owner here is so nice and hospitable, and he let us in fairly late (I am not sure when it closes but we were there around 9:30) - via the St. Regis concierge (who sends a lot of people here I think). The menu looked so good that we couldn't decide what we wanted (at least 5 things were tied for first place), and Claudio was helping us decide - so finally we made up our minds only to have the two entrees we didn't get appear for free! I can't remember if they were full size or just tasting sizes - but I couldn't believe he did that for us.

The place is a bit expensive because I think (if I remember right) they charge 10% and also a service fee that probably included the bread. Water was probably extra. Anyway, it was not cheap.

I saw a few other people eating these enormous steaks that looked 5 full pounds or something. The prices on those were in the 40-60 euro range. They also had huge fish portions which looked delicious, but they just ran out by the time we got in. Those were somewhat pricey too, so I was happy with splitting a pasta and having eggplant. My friend had a special that was beef in a heavy balsamic - which he loved - it was VERY basamic-y (like Claudio said it was) so I just tried a little piece. We split ravioli and then I had the chicken under the brick which was good. I liked their bread and olive oil a lot too.

Claudio was the nicest, most personable waiter / owner / host of any restaurant I ate at in Italy. He must have described the specials (in great detail) 100 times that day already, but he had the energy like we were his first customers...and to bring us the things we didn't order (but wanted) for free...amazing. I can't remember the last time someone described food in such a way that made me want to order everything on the menu.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale, AZ
“Not as good as we were led to believe, and all tourists at 8 p.m.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were advised to dine at this restaurant by friends whose parents have been dining there for 30+ years. The decor of the restaurant is nice and the service is typically professional Italian. The food was what I can only call average, and we were glad to avoid the heavily touted "John Travolta special", which looked disappointing for the high price charged.

When dining in Italy, we prefer to be among locals. The whole of the restaurant was full of Americans, English and Koreans until we were about to leave at 10 p.m. Then a few Italians started to show up.

• Visited August 2013