“A great outing in Tuscany” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Ranked #19 of 322 Activities in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily semi-private and private Tuscan wine tours and adventures. Florence’s first and best wine tour of its kind. Tuscan Trails offers wine tours in the Chianti, Montalcino and Montepulciano regions (and others upon request). Enjoy one of our small, mixed group wine tours into the Chianti or create a private tour with just your party.
Edmonton
“A great outing in Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

My Husband and I were in Tuscany mid September and went on a wine tour organized by our daughters. It was a small group, just us and two other Canadians. We were met by Christina, who took us on a wonderful adventure. She is really knowledgeable about wines. We thoroughly enjoyed the two wineries we visited as well as the delicious lunch overlooking the countryside. We would definitely recommed this tour for anyone visiting Firenze. It is well worth the cost.

NY
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful tour, Beautiful Countryside, Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

This tour was an amazing way to spend a day in Tuscany. We had an extremely pleasent and knowledgable tour guide who took us to two vineyards and an outstanding restaurant. The day was certainly worth the price, as I think I ate and drank 75e worth of food and drink, not to mention the fabulous pictures and memories we have from the Chianti region. If you are looking for a wine tour, shop no further

Jen4582
“Intimate tour, knowledgeable tour guide, delicious food & superb wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

Our tour guide Christina, orginally from the states, has 100% adapted the life of the Florentines; she speaks fluent Italian, knows her history and is very well educated on the vineyards she has you tour.

The day started with her picking us up at 10am in Florence and driving us out to our first vineyard, Castel de Trebbio. She gave us the whole history of the place...dating back to hundreds of years ago...we walked the grounds, took some pictures (see below the picture of us with Mario...the vineyard keeper since the 1950's), and then tasted about 4 wines. While tasting we had some crostini and cheese to snack on. Then we drove to the other side of the vineyard where we had a DELICIOUS lunch. Lunch was out side on the back patio of the house on the vineyard property. It was perfectly shaded with a slight breeze. It truly was a perfect day. This was, hands down, the best spaghetti I have ever had in my life! Everything was so fresh...the basil, tomatoes, the cured meats, etc. After lunch, we hoped back into the van and drove through Chianti as we headed to another vineyard, Selvapiana. We arrived at there, toured their vats, their barrels and grounds as Christina gave us the history of the vineyard. We then headed insdie the owner's house to taste their wine and olive oil. I bought 3 bottles of olive oil and 3 bottles of wine. I regret not buying more. After our tasting, Christina drove us back to the heart of Florence. We arrived back around 4:45pm. It was a full day of great wine, food and company.

When I return to Florence, I will defintiely be giving Christina a call. She made my first experience in Florence a memorable one =)

New York
“Perfect way to spend a day in Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

This tour was a real highlight of our trip and a perfect way to see the Tuscany wine region in a day. My wife and I along with a great but small group of folks took the tour with Todd. Every aspect was a pleasure, from the wineries we visited to the outstanding lunch to Todd's knowledge, passion and great conversation. Great operation, great price, just all around great!

Warwick, RI
6 attraction reviews
“Great Tour! Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

My husband and I only had 3 full days in Florence and one of those days was a Tuscan Trails tour. What a great experience with Todd! This was definitely the highlight of our trip to Italy. Todd has the in depth knowledge of wine and taught us how to taste it properly. He has hands down the best deal out there and you'll get the most bang for your buck. Lunch was fantastic, we visited two wineries, tasted two different olive oils, tasted wine grapes off the vine...everything was perfect. We highly recommend a tour with Tuscan Trails.