“Very Enjoyable and Educational” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Cary, NC
16 attraction reviews
“Very Enjoyable and Educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Sandra was an excellent tour guide. The tour only seemed rushed in Siena, but maybe that is because we wanted more shopping time. Loved all of the cities and the winery. Lunch was fantastic. Bus was very comfortable and I liked that we could leave our things on it and not worry about them.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
“Very efficient way to explore the beautiful Tuscany in a day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was looking for the way to explore Siena and San Gimignano and Pisa in a most efficient way (I traveled with my snatchy 9 year old daughter..) and this tour was the just what I want itself. We started our tour just in time with detailed explanation of Tuscany. We participated this tour on Feb. 16th 2013 and everything were just perfect. The weather of the day was really bright and the scenery of Tuscany seen from a car window was really just coming out of the Da Vinci's picture. Our guide Sandra was really carefully take care of all the participants with her best effort. Siena, San Gimignano and Pisa were all beyond my expect and the lunch in a organic farm was really delicious. Going up to the tower of Pisa (optional) was unforgettable experience. I could definitely say, if you want to explore the beautiful Siena and San Gimignano but don't have sufficient time, the best of Tuscany tour would be a good choice.

“Best tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Best tour we did during our time in Italy. Definitely worth it. Look for the walkabout tour group. Great sights, great guide and great food. Becky our guide was lovely - fiendly, helpful and informative.

Alameda, California
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend a day exploring Tuscany!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We found this tour based on TA reviews. Everything about it was simply wonderful!

We were able to explore & visit cities that we would not have done on our own--Siena, San Gimignano, & Pisa. We had a wonderful guided walking tour in Siena, a DELICIOUS lunch at an organic farm in San Gimignano, and plenty of time to explore in the historic area of San Gimignano & Pisa. The only downsides were that the group was quite large (a full sized, sold out tour bus) and that the time spent in Pisa was a little long for the last stop of a long day, if you were not climbing the tower.

All in all, the tour was fantastic, with lunch at the farm being a highlight of the day for me. If you are looking for a way to explore the Tuscan countryside (albeit the well-traveled parts of it), and have a day to spare to do it, I would highly recommend this tour!

10 attraction reviews
“Travel Advisor Comes Through Again - Great Tour - Very Well Thought Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

When I looked into tours of Tuscany we picked Walkabout because I couldn't find one bad review out of the 2500 plus. Now I see why. Very well thought out and planned, with just the right pace that included Sienna, Pisa, San Gignano and lunch st an organic farm and winery. Very full day - make sure to wear good walking shoes. Our guide was fantastic (thanks Becky) and really cared about her customers - at the end of the day as we were leaving Pisa one person panicked when realizing they left their ipad at a cafe. I would have expected the guide to be politely sympathetic and explain we had a schedule to keep, but she went above and beyond calling the cafe to have them look (they did have it) and then arranging a taxi to meet the bus so the customer could go back and get it, and arranged a train back to Florence for them. Our guide also answered individual travel questions about Florence on the way back. Tour was a mix of sites, tastes and enough free time. Can't recommend it enough! Great value for price paid.