“The perfect Florentine evening” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,639 of 1,967 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Typical Tuscan old trattoria born in 1911, just a few steps from Piazza Santa Croce and Piazza Signoria. Rustic, informal, with benches and wooden tables and an open kitchen. Sixty seats in the two internal rooms and the outdoor seating area in the pedestrian zone. Always make a home-style regional cuisine and economical and we specialize in Florentine steak cooked to coal.
Warwickshire
“The perfect Florentine evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We (me, my daughter and 11year old granddaughter) were recommended this Trattoria by a group of young American students and managed to get a quick booking for that evening. Although we needed to vacate our table by 9pm, this was not a problem as we wanted a fairly quick supper. As soon as we went in we knew we would love this place - the atmosphere was perfect and the service friendly and welcoming. Italian families, with pushchairs and young children were crowding in and room was made for everyone. We were served a delicious appetiser we had not ordered and the bruschetta and lasagne were all delicious. Our side salad was one of the best I've had, and an extremely generous size. We wished we had discovered this little gem on our first day in Florence and not our last. I really really hope to return! Jennie Fletcher and family.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
trattoriapallottino, Proprietario at Trattoria Pallottino, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Jennie, gives me a great pleasure to read your review and see how you are judged. You have to apologize for my behavior for having imposed a time limit for your dinner, we always try to avoid these methods, but unfortunately that night so I had to arrange to give you the opportunity to sit at the table. Hope to see you in a quieter time.

West Pittston, Pennsylvania
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I felt good about this place as soon as I walked in and got a warm greeting. I was alone, it was raining outside, and I needed a little comfort. I felt I was among friends. I ordered an appetizer that I wasn't familiar with. When I asked the waiter in Italian how to go about eating it, he explained in a very friendly and inconspicious way. In fact I did the same thing the second night I was there and he treated me the same way. The food was great, the prices were very reasonable, and everyone there seemed to want to make you have a wonderful dining experience. I wish I had eaten here every night. Next time I'm in Florence, I will. I love this place. Thank all of you there.

Dear customer gentilre and are very flattered by the words you write, but for me it was a great pleasure meeting you and I am very glad that was fine by us, I hope you will return to us, is important to us.
Florence, Italy
“Best meal in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is my absolute favorite in Florence. I have studied abroad here for two months and cannot get enough of their homemade lasagne. Atmosphere is very cozy and warm. You can even see the kitchen from the main dining area. This is a MUST if you are in Florence.

Visited November 2012
Dear friends, dear Jennifer, thank you for reviewed and judged so well, gives me a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed our lasagna, I hope to see you again with us.
San Diego
“my favorite Trattoria in Florence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I eat here every time I visit the city. It has rustic charm, the owners are marvelous to deal with and best of all, the food is homemade and excellent. It is priced very, very reasonably and the ingredients are always fresh and tasty.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
trattoriapallottino, Proprietario at Trattoria Pallottino, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Customer, Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to write your very welcome this judgment. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our food and if you go back to Italy and Florence, I hope you will return here too.
Pacifica, California
“the menu was on construction paper”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

that should have been our first sign to run for the hills... we'd been walking for a long time, looking for a place to eat and finally settled here since it had been recommended in our Fodor's guidebook. we were too tired to leave but when we saw the printed menu that had been glued to construction paper with a handwritten "menu" on it, it caused us some pause. understandably so given the service and food quality.

first, the caprese salad and our entree came at the same time. what??? the salad was a tomato that had not been sliced into individual slices. they must have thought it was "good presentation" to place about 5 cuts in the tomato and putpieces of mozzarella into the cuts. we were left to complete their work and portion it out for ourselves AND put olive oil (from a gigantic bottle) on our individual portions. that is not acceptable anywhere under any circumstance. i'm sorry but i'm paying them to serve me. that's the principle behind a restaurant.

second, the lasagna had absolutely no flavor or texture.

third, the idea of outdoor seating is so wonderful for someone who lives where it's cold most of the year. this restaurant is on a tiny alleyway so the locals are practically walking on your table if you are sitting outside.

no ambiance, no flavor, no service. please save yourselves and don't even think of going here for a meal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
trattoriapallottino, Proprietario at Trattoria Pallottino, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear customer, thank you for being with us, this is not intended as a true response but a simple thought, in fact, are not interested in your own judgment on how you wrote your review, we found it very difficult to understand what the real problem you're having, the menu printed in the paper? the bottle of oil? as the caprese salad was served? what else? We were really puzzled, almost without words.
We have read all your contributions on Tripadvisor and I am sorry to note that in many beautiful places visited have not found what you might be expecting, then it is used around the world, having seen 31 countries and all seven continents when there is no the spirit of the traveler, it is better to stay at home?