“THANK YOU TONI” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 320 Activities in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Taste Florence- Walking Food Tours: Whether your first time in Florence, or a return visit, you will discover lots from this guided food tour. Join our half day guided food & wine walk, and taste cheeses, balsamic vinegars, olive oils, antipasti, wine, gelato and more local specialties.Featured in the Boston Globe, Dallas Morning News, CBC, Voice of America and more, this is a fun and delicious way to begin your stay in Florence. Get an edge on what to eat and where to find it. At Taste Florence, we believe Eating is an Art.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“THANK YOU TONI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

First let me say I have probably only written 2 or 3 reviews in my life, but this time I had to...PLEASE don't be fooled by any immitation...take Toni's tour. I spent 1 week in Florence and was lucky enough to do this on my first day so we were able to go back to a lot of the places we tried on the tour (ALL of which were awesome). While a lot of people refer to this as a "food" tour (myself included) it is that and SO much more. Toni is incredibly knowledgeable about all that Florence has to offer and she is also incredibly knowledgeable about wine, so not only will you eat some of the best food you have ever eaten you will also drink incredible wine and you will learn a lot about things to do in Florence. You will also learn how to choose the right restaurant in Florence...you may think you know what to look for but I GUARANTEE my wife and I would not of had the best pizza of our lives in Rome if it were not from the things we learned on Toni's tour. We would of fallen into some trap and eaten at some place that seemed authentic but really wasn't, instead we quickly and easily found a local restaurant with authentic local food and the pizza was the best. I was skeptical at first about doing a food tour because I wasn't sure it would be worth the money....I cannot stress this enough...it was WORTH EVERY PENNY and MORE!!! you will learn a lot, you will have a great time, you will eat amazing food and drink the best wine and you will not find these places on your own. One more thing, i was worried about "wasting" too much time doing a tour....i never looked at my watch once and would do this again in an instant. If you are planning a trip to Florence BOOK THIS TOUR YOUR FIRST DAY THERE and your trip will be off to an amazing start!!!!

thanks toni

Visited October 2012

5 attraction reviews
“A great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Joanna was great! The tour was well paced and gave us a great exposure to Florence's foods and wine. Entertaining and informative stories and a lively group made this an excellent choice.

The map given to us was a real treasure and listed some places to explore on our own.

“Must do in the beginning of the Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

What a better way to indulge yourself into the culture by getting educated about their food! This tour is a must for those who is planning a trip to Italy, especially in Florence. We were guided by Christina, who was very knowledgeable, helpful and kind. She was an excellent guide! We were able to try new food that we never heard about. We learned so many things about Italian food that you can impressed your friends with your new found knowledge. It will also help you understand the menu during your stay in Italy. Definitely recommend this tour if you LOVE food!

Dallas, TX
3 attraction reviews
“Taste of Florence Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I really enjoyed this tour!! I can not wait to go back to Florence again in the future. This was definitely a trip of a life time! Cristina was absolutely amazing and very knowledgeable. She has such a passion for food and for educating people about food history. She was awesome and she made my birthday special at the end with a nice treat! I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting Florence. I look forward to returning.

“A Must Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about the food, restaurants and wines of the area. As we walked around Florence we learned more about their passion for food, why they eat like they do and what and where to eat. Small groups only so book early if you are going.