“My favorite place in the whole world” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 1,939 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: From 1st March 1953. We are open only for lunch, we haven't the freezer, we don't make reservation. No credit card and bancomat. ATTENZIONE SIAMO APERTI SOLO A PRANZO DAL LUNEDI AL SABATO COMPRESI E CHIUSI LA DOMENICA E TUTTI I GIORNI FESTIVI OLTRE AL MESE DI AGOSTO PER FERIE. NO BRUNCH NO COLAZIONI NO CONSEGNA NO CENA NO DOPO MEZZANOTTE.
“My favorite place in the whole world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've been coming here since I was 3 and am now 21 and every time I go to florence I always stop here for lunch, it is the absolute best restaurant in florence and one of my favorites in the entire world. On my last trip I missed going and had to go to venice so my boyfriend and I decided to take an extra day and return to florence just to go here. It's one of those truly great experiences that is not to be missed! Make sure to order the steak - it's amazing and bring other people so you can sample their dishes as well! Everything is absolutely delicious and the family that runs it is so friendly and welcoming!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ontario, Canada
“Best lunch place in Florence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Take a look at the handwritten menu before entering as you are not given a menu once seated (there is one hanging on the wall near the kitchen as well). Next, be prepared to sit with other diners, and finally, get ready to eat some of the best food you're likely to ever eat for a super cheap price!
We went two days in a row because it's just that good. Both days, we got the pollo arrosto and non-meat pasta of the day and quatro litro of wine. The first day we were lucky to get one of very few portions of sauteed spinach (mouth watering) before they ran out. The couple who were seated with us ordered maybe 5 min. later and it was already gone (and the restaurant had just opened).

Visited July 2013
Cornelius, North Carolina, United States
“Deliciously Interesting...?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went here based on the reviews and since it was rather close to our hotel.

We arrived around 12:30 and only had a 10 minute wait... Having a wait was rather impressive since the many other restaurants near by had people standing out front trying to sell people on coming in.

We were excited when our seat was called, then we noticed that we were going to sit with a small 4 person table...with 2 other people who were eating VERY rare steaks. I thought it was comical, my wofe didnt really though. her expressions were priceless. I actually found it impressive that they could get away with this as a common practice. Their food had to be amazing and it was.

I wasn't in the mood for a steak, but they looked amazing. I ordered Penne Bolognese and it was outstanding. No tomato sauce. All meat and spices. I mopped up what was left with their delicious bread. My wife for the Caprese which was what we expected...

Overall, if you go here knowing what to expect... It's definitely worth the visit. Bon appetit!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Great food and reasonable prices. Get there early (before they open) if you don't want to wait. We got the last few seats and shared a table with another party

Athens, Greece
“Very Good Food & Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very professional. Local dishes. Homemade pasta. Tender Bisteca Fiorentina. Tender fagioli bianchi. Good wine & bred. Quick service. Very small tables we share with other people. Friendly atmosphere. Visible Kitchen. Good prices.

• Visited March 2013