“Lunch with the locals” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 1,970 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: From 1st March 1953. We are open only for lunch, we haven't the freezer, we don't make reservation. No credit card and bancomat. ATTENZIONE SIAMO APERTI SOLO A PRANZO DAL LUNEDI AL SABATO COMPRESI E CHIUSI LA DOMENICA E TUTTI I GIORNI FESTIVI OLTRE AL MESE DI AGOSTO PER FERIE. NO BRUNCH NO COLAZIONI NO CONSEGNA NO CENA NO DOPO MEZZANOTTE.
Chicago
“Lunch with the locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Trip Advisor gave it a good review so I went twice for lunch. I sat with locals the first time and they ordered for me. I really enjoyed the beef stew and beans in olive oil. My second time I ordered the same thing and sat with other solo travelers.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Local experience :) would recommend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Amazing amazing amazing! Get there at 1145am to be seated first. We tried to order in Italian and got preferential treatment - first plates landed on our table :) Started with the tomato ravioli - incredible but was a little cool - and the ribollita (vegetable soup) which was delicious!! Rabbit was dry, but osso bucco was amazing. ?32 with two bottles of water. Apparently had wifi but couldn't find it.

New York City, New York
“I WANT MORE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I dont know what is it but i need it and i want more!

So this place is ONLY open from 12pm-3pm. My boyfriend and I made sure that we get here right before 12pm to make sure we get seats and not wait. He hates waiting, especially for food. We literally got there at 11:30am, and we push the door open and it was open! They said they don't open till 12 but we can sit which was amazing since we walked a lot in the morning and we got seats! Once people saw us going in, you see people walking in right behind us! I guess they weren't sure if it was closed or not! Once we got in, the sits are tight and you share tables with other people. Yes the menu is in Italian but on the kitchen window there is another menu thats in english so don't worry! Once we sat down we got drinks and bread. And it was just crazy to see how much people were walking in through out the time we got there and while we were eating!

Food was simply great! We order pasta with meat sauce, spinach raviolis and bistecca alla fiorentina. The pasta with meat sauce was out-of-the-world. Such a simple dish, just pasta and meat sauce! I didn't want to eat the last bite cause i knew i was going to miss it :( The raviolis were also and the steak was delicious with flavors! Total was 52.10 euros. I think its a really cheap meal..if you don't get the steak lol But you MUST get pasta with meat sauce. They also say the soups are good too but I didnt try it, didnt want to be full before the steak!! So just make sure you get there early!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Lovely place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for lunch while waiting to get into the museum to see the statue of David. Luckily we got there just as they opened and before the line started. The food was fresh and very tasty and the atmosphere was very nice. The prices were excellent. There was a good mix of locals and tourist. We sat at a small table with a couple from Norway. Seating is limited so you probably will have to sit with strangers. We didn't mind it though. Just added to its charm.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“A No-Fuss, Authentic Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at noon here before taking a day trip to Pisa – our meal was so filling that it fueled us until dinner at 7:30! The restaurant is very casual and very small, it opens at noon, and people arrive early in order to secure seats at one of the limited communal tables. An Italian couple was seated with us and they greeted us at the beginning and end of the meal. Although there is a small menu posted on the walls, you should know that your options are whatever the chefs have prepared for the day. If you are unable to read the menu, one of the servers may attempt to translate it for you, but some things get lost in translation.

Once they begin food service, bread is handed to you and your drink order is taken. Then you are asked for your food order. I asked about the size of the pasta portions and the server said they were small (which they are not), so my husband and I both ordered a pasta course and a fish course. Had we known the size of the portions, we would have just split our order since we both ordered the same things. The food was good, filling and worth the experience for a casual, local meal with no fuss. Also, be sure to bring euros because they do not take credit cards.

• Visited May 2013