“Lovely place you could easily walk past - don't!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #533 of 1,973 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Lovely place you could easily walk past - don't!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We've just come back from this place and it was great. It has Tuscan specialities and other Italian favourites. We shared the pecorino and pear to start, then I had gnocchi with walnut and gorgonzola, while my boyfriend had potato tortelli with ragu. We shared a panna cotta with red berry sauce to finish. Everything was delicious and the price was pretty good. A quarter litre carafe of wine was 3 Euros 50.

• Visited July 2013

Aylmer, ON
“Intimate and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

It is a hole in the wall but worth finding. Soups and pastas and steak all lived up to our expectations. Their opening times are not as posted on the door, best to call and confirm.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hole in the wall surprise- best on Via Guelfa.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Smaller menu but quality is better than quantity! Some solid Tuscan options & italian favourites. Simple & delicious.

I ate here twice for dinner, found it by accident & if it wasn't for the Orecchiette with Tuscan sausage, Cavolo Nero & fennel I wouldn't have gone in- GLAD I DID! (It doesn't look like much from the street.)

Waiter is a young guy who speaks English well & has great charisma. He is honest with recommendations, explained the menu & really made my night as a solo traveller without a dinner companion. He remembered me when I went back & seated me at the same table.

The chef is casual, relaxed & his vibe sort of converts to the flow of the place. He wanders around when not in the kitchen & chats with the waiter. It's a really nice place to take your time & enjoy.

House wines were great & pretty cheap by the carafe.

Tiramisu was the reason I went back for my last dinner in Firenze. Honestly it was THAT good! (& I don't normally eat sweets except I overheard another table raving about how good it was).

Not a 'Rick Steeves recommends' fussy American Tourist in sight! Mostly Italians on both nights.

I wish I could eat here again & again to try the whole menu. It is my best 'food memory' from Firenze & a standout of my month in Italy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Good Neighborhood Joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I found this place through Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. Service was very personable, food was great. The waiter and chef both came out and were chatting with us and regulars. Low-key, authentic, and affordable. What else do you want???

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Try and experience for yourself!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We walked past this place one evening during our short stay in Florence and went in as it looked very inviting. It was busy and we had no booking, but the staff were extremely helpful to get us a lovely spot in the courtyard. It was just beautiful, quite romantic, delicious food and nice wine and the service was excellent too. All in all a wonderful evening to remember! I highly recommend this place, it is not far to walk from the cathedral, but just in a more quiet side street. I will definitely return to this restaurant on our next visit to Florence.

• Visited October 2012