“Fabulous fresh pasta!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 2,017 Restaurants in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Zeb Gastronomia, Florence’s unique bistro and gastonomia situated inside the old city wall in San Niccolò, is the innovation of owner Alberto Navari, who you will find dashing around the galley while his mother, Giuseppina, works her magic in the kitchen, bringing the best of Italian culinary tradition to Zeb’s seasonal menu.The gastronomia features an excellent selection of wines, pastas, pastries, chocolate, olive oil, cured meats and a sophisticated assortment of cheeses.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fabulous fresh pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

Pull a chair up to the bar and prepare to be amazed!! We had eaten dinner here on our last trip to Florence and when we passed by at lunch on this time, we had to stop again. It was even better than we remembered. The truffle spaghetti, pear ravioli and truffle ravioli were spectacular! The wine pairings were excellent and the espresso was the perfect end to the meal. The mother and son ownership team are kind and friendly and we will definitely return. Bravo and grazie Zeb!

Visited February 2015

United Kingdom
“Go go go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

Based on rave TripAdvisor reviews, my partner and I had Zeb Restaurant on our ' to do list' whilst we were visiting Florence for a long weekend.

The restaurant is an intimate space, you sit up at the bar which is fun and atmospheric. The food was absolutely delicious, freshly cooked and authentic. We opted for the two Truffle pasta dishes, they were amazing - Definitely recommend trying them! We then had a second course of 'Peposo' - slow cooked beef in a rich sauce and a potato and ham dish which was packed with flavour too.

The staff were welcoming and attentive.

The restaurant is tucked away from the touristy haunts, and offers a true taste of Italian cooking.

• Visited February 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

What fabulous food! You sit at the bar around the staff serving, and in the window. Despite much of the food being already prepared and on display (usually a bad sign in my book!) it was all incredible. We had delicious truffle pasta for primi. The pork ribs, meatballs and melanzane were all especially good secondi. Highly recommended!

Goiania, GO
“Nice place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

This is a small restaurant that you sit in a balcony and no tables . The food and price are good and there is wine for sale

Visited December 2014
“Good Foods, nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2015

My job as faculty member of a university brings me to Italy at least twice per year to discuss with my research collaborators. I have not written any review but feel compelled to write this review because of the good time I had at this restaurant. After a long transatlantic flight and then a connecting flight, I always arrived in Florence late in the afternoon. After checking into a hotel, to reduce jetlag, I always went out to find things to eat so that I can go to sleep after that. I went to this restaurant because it was recommended by the New York Times as well as my hotel, Hotel Silla, which is only a block away. Since it is late in the afternoon (4:00PM), the restaurant was closed. However, the owners, Alberto and Giuseppina, were inside. They finally opened the door for me because I kept on knocking and did not leave. When they told me it was indeed closed for lunch, and not only on that day but also the next day as well (Tuesday and Wednesday). I told them that I stayed in Florence for only two days, and really want to try their restaurant. They told me to come back next day when I finish my business which was about 4:00PM. The restaurant would be closed by then but they will try to make something special for me. Accordingly, I came back to the restaurant the next day, the restaurant was closed but as promised, they opened it for me. They cooked a taglierini with truffle for me. It was so good that I wanted a different pasta for a second course which was ravioli filled with pumpkin. It was equally delicious. I truly had a very good time because not only that the dinner was so delicious but also Alberto, his mother, Giuseppina, and their helper were so kind and delightful to talk to. Will definitely come back next time I am in Florence.

• Visited November 2014