“One of the best restaurants in Florence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,252 of 1,874 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Sopot, Poland
“One of the best restaurants in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I often come to Florence and I can say that it is not easy to find a restaurant where you can eat really well. Dante Restaurant is a place where you want to return. They have the meat that melts in your mouth! It's delicious! There I ate the best tiramisù! The waiters are very friendly. At the end of the dinner they're offering limoncello. Would definitely recommend to others.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Slightly upmarket pizzeria in nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a slightly upmarket pizzeria (with table cloths, cover charge) in a nice old building, right next to the Ponte alla Carraia. I've eaten there twice and service was very good, friendly and efficient on both occasions. The pizzas are good and the house white wine is just how I like it: cold and slightly sfuso (a little bit fizzy). At the end of the meal, comes a free limoncello. It costs slightly more than some other pizzerias on this side of the Arno but I think it's probably worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lisbon, Portugal
“Unpleseant surprise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The space it self is average, easy ambience could be ok if the music wasn't very loud, horrible taste and totally inadequate (Tecno-pop-hits from the nineties), the food was mediocre and finally, with a bill of 24€ (we just asked for two dishes and water) we were surprised with a 5€ service charge (2.5 € per person),which is about 20% of the total. Finally we had to pay 29€. Horrible experience for our first night in this wonderful city.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Northern New Jersey
“don't make it complicated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stopped in here, south of the Arno, because we were hungry before most of the restaurants open for dinner at 7:30. Dante is open non-stop, noon to 1 a.m., 7 days. We had very good pizza and ribollita in a place where you should get good pizza and ribollita. The service was not sophisticated, but it worked. The risotto, I would not order again. Risotto is very labor intensive, and I've never had great risotto in a mid-range restaurant. A peek in the kitchen was uneventful. The prices were fair. I've read the other reviews and I would say, keep it simple, both as to what you order and what you expect, and you'll be fine. Under similar circumstances, I would probably see what else there was nearby that would be open at that hour, but I might ultimately end up back at Dante, because it really was not bad.

Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas
“great pizza and atmosphere ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We visted Dante's on a Thursday night around 7:30 and did not have to wait for a table - although the restaurant filled by 8. We ordered bruschetta, two pizzas and the house wine and our tab was about 60 euro. The complimentary bread (salted with olive oil...so good) and liqueurs at the end of our meal were a nice touch and the waitstaff was very helpful. The restaurant filled mostly by locals with a few tourists and travel abroad students. We would absolutely go back.