“There is no wealth but health ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
north west
“There is no wealth but health ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Service : server had a Phd in chemestery and sang opera , very nice .
Food : just great and easy + decrative
Price : about right but vegiterain can be a bit careful .
Wine : dident like the house but pino was great .

56% Recommend
Florence, Italy
“The Happy Celery? I would call it The Sad Celery”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would have to claim this restaurant as my worst dining experience in Florence. I am not vegetarian although there are so many wonderful seasonal vegetables in Tuscany that you could make to die for amazing meals. Try hand made ravioli with spinach and ricotta or with pear and pecorino. Five of us ordered different meals the onion soup was more like bread soup with a dash of onion, the specialty pasta 'Il Sedano Allegro' that means the Happy Celery looked my like The Sad Celery, gratin artichoke looked quite nice although they are in season so you can not go wrong. My vegetable hamburger was topped with some kind of pinkish mayonnaise and very sad boiled potatoes. The wine was actually quite good.
If you are vegetarian you can find amazing and wonderful meals at any typical restaurant in Florence DO NOT GO TO SEDANO ALLEGRO!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vercorin
“Reasonably priced veg place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had supper there with a local friend. Nice variety of veg dishes, neatly presented, not overcooked and pleasantly spiced. Desserts were rather average. Ample wine selection. We arrived early and had booked a table but by 8:00 PM, the place was chockfull so despite the rather negative comments from other travellers, locals seem to appreciate this type of veg cuisine. We're glad we were introduced to this restaurant and will return. It's opposite the synagogue so relatively easy to find.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“reasonable vege restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Given that it seems italian vege restaurants don't often serve dishes based on lentils or pulses we found this one quite good. Went at lunch time when it wasn't very busy and had good and pleasant service. Thought they depended too much on seitan - but enjoyed what we had. Would return.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“don't bother, especially at lunch time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

When I was recently in florence with my husband, I wanted to have lunch in a place that serves plenty of vegetables and not just the regular pasts dishes. I found this restaurant, and decided to give it a try, even though it was quite the walk from Florence's Duomo.
We arrived there, and had to proactively ask the waitresses to bring us the menus or to come and get our orders, even though the place was not that packed. The lunch menu was pretty limited (which is fine), but they were already out of at least one dish from the entrees and their main courses. i was seriously disappointed to see that they too offered mainly carb-based dishes, loaded with cheese, with hardly any veggies in sight.
I had their risotto in tomate sauce and found to be very bland, so was my husband's pasta in cheese sauce. For the main course, I had the salad, which is bigger than your usual "small tomato and some lettuce", but still- no where near satisfying. my husband had the egg, creamed with cheese, and it was basically an egg, covered with cheese that someone put int he microwave.

Maybe this place shows is true, amazing spread in teh evening, but it was such a disappointment- such basic food and after quite the "schlepp". I would definietly pass.

• Visited September 2012