“Nestling below Cortona” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow
“Nestling below Cortona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Another visit to a great relais with fantastic staff. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left Borgo san Pietro was a delight. This is a place where there is a genuine sense of hospitality from people who take pride in what they do. The buildings are grouped round an external sitting area, the pool is well landscaped with great views up to Cortona and the surrounding countryside all of which is easily accessed. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are well presented and delicious. All of this together and a certain antique chic just works naturally. Well done.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms range from classic to junior suites in the main building and annexes and are quirky...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
borgosanpietro, Responsabile reception at Relais Borgo San Pietro, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your great comment and hoping to have you here again and again I wish you all the best!
Warm regards,

Margherita Scarpaccini
Front Office Manager

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

What an absolute delight this hotel is! The perfect Tuscany experience. We were so fortunate to choose this hotel as we were driving through Tuscany late in the afternoon. The staff were so welcoming, helpful and friendly. The room was lovely, looking out over the front courtyard, the area is so quiet you really feel as though you are staying in a Tuscan farmhouse.
The breakfast is devine! All fresh produce and delicious.

I have written many reviews for Tripadvisor, I can not say enough nice things about this hotel. I can assure you, if you are looking for the Tuscan experience don't go past this one, truly a delight, I didn't want to leave and can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your wonderful report on our Property.
I really hope to meeting you again and I wish you all the best!

Margherita Scarpaccini
Front Office Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed here for our anniversary with my wife and was so glad we found it. The staff were so helpful and friendly in every way going out of their way to attend to our needs. The hotel and grounds itself were one if the nicest and most beautiful settings I have stayed at anywhere in Italy and We have been to Italy over 10 times to various places. It's a great base to go to cortona and visit the town and go for dinner to one of the many amazing restaurants. Ask the hotel for recommendations and you won't go wrong or look on TA.
Overall the perfect 3 days and night and I guarantee you won't be disappointed coming here and great value too.
Thanks so much.

Room Tip: From what I have seen you can't go wrong with any room!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
borgosanpietro, Responsabile reception at Relais Borgo San Pietro, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Marc,

many thanks for your wonderful report and...if you will remember please let me know the name of your Baby!!!!
Also I really look forward to meeting you again and I wish you all the BEST!

Okauchee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was a return visit for us - having visited 18 months ago, we returned with three other couples, and we fell in love with Relais Borgo San Pietro even more! The location in the valleys below Cortona make it the perfect spot to relax and take in the 180 degree views - but close enought to Cortona to get there in just minutes. We were also able to visit a number of other cities and hillside towns from this destination.

Many, many thanks to their wonderful staff - Margharita assisted me in setting up wine tours, car rentals and a cooking class with their chef, Mirbella who was so much fun and such a sweetheart of a lady. The evening with her was a highlight of our trip!

hanks to Margharia who went out of her way to make our stay perfect in every possible way. We hope to return again one day, but I can't thank her enough for making everything come together and for making us feel so welcome and part of the Tuscan experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
borgosanpietro, Responsabile reception at Relais Borgo San Pietro, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Mrs. Francke,

it was a pleasure for me when I found your wonderful comment on our Property. You and your Party were so nice with us too and we were so happy to have you here again!
I'm glad that you had a nice time with us and we look forward to welcoming you again and again in our Relais!
Many thanks and I wish you all the best!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed for 10 days, the staff were so helpful and friendly. Our room was lovely and cool in the hot weather, can't recommend highly enough. The hotel was a little hard to find but that just added to the adventure. Great location to visit Lake Trassemeno, Sienna, Arrezzo.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and had 2 bathrooms!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
borgosanpietro, Responsabile reception at Relais Borgo San Pietro, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Guests,

many thanks for your report! I really hope to have you here again and I send you my warmest regards,

Wilton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Our group of six (3 lovely rooms) recently enjoyed 5 nights at Borgo San Pietro. The Hotel was so comfortable and well appointed, a cross between a B&B and a private villa. The best part was the outstanding service provided by our hosts Margherita and Mirko who made sure everything was perfect and offered great advice on what to do and where to go in the area. And lets not forget Mirella who prepared us a delicious daily breakfast and an outstanding dinner as well.
Having travelled all over Italy before, this was our first stay in Tuscany. Cortona is a beautiful hilltop town and the perfect base to see much of the Tuscan countryside. The Borgo San Pietro is the perfect place to call home while there. We hope to go back again soon!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
borgosanpietro, Front Office Manager at Relais Borgo San Pietro, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Mr. Hess,

many many thanks for your beautiful report on our Property.
I'm so happy that you had a good time with us and I hope to have you and your beautiful Family again with us!
Also I want to wish you all the best!
Warm regards,

Lodz, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed there for 3 days and everything was perfect, starting with very friendly and helpful staff, very nice and tidy room, clean bathroom, swimming pool, tasty breakfast and good location for relaxing in quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

many thanks for your kind and great report!
I hope to have you here again and I wish you all the best!

Margherita

Been to Relais Borgo San Pietro? Share your experiences!