Before our visit to Cortona I reviewed several properties and finally decided upon Borgo San Pietro. I feel I made the perfect choice after our stay there. The property is about a ten minuete drive from Cortona. It is in the valley below the hill that Cortona sits on. By the way ,being from Texas we call that a mountain folks. The propery as the name suggests is rustic and has that in the country feel. It is surronded by orchards. Apple,fig,pomegranite, lemon and olive trees are all in close proximity to the hotel. The rooms are quite large and very comfortable. Try to get one with a patio if possible. We enjoyed sitting on the patio in the evening with a glass of wine and listening to the quiet. They also have a very beautiful swimming pool but be aware the water is more than cool. The staff was very helpful and couteous and went out of thier way to assist in any way they could. We highly recommend this property to anyone coming to the Tuscany area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais Borgo San Pietro is an ancient XVII century farm transformed into a charming Relais with outdoor swimming pool composed of 14 rooms and 5 apartments. Thanks to an intelligent restoration the new purpose of the structure took into account yet maintaining its ancient look. The old well, the fruit and olive trees, the grass fields, combined with the old prints, paintings and furniture, give that peaceful feeling and atmosphere of a Tuscan country house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Relais Borgo San Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Borgo San Pietro Hotel Cortona
- Relais Borgo San Pietro Cortona